Forum home Babies Baby

anyone feel like this?

Hi there,

Had my baby boy three weeks ago now and he is getting cuter and cuter by the day. However, sometimes I find it so hard to believe that I am actually a mum now and that he is mine - it's as though I look at him in his cot and think how did you get here- it seemed to happen so quickly at the end (and to think I thought that the nine months would never end!!). Anyway just wondering if any other first time mums felt like this as I am begining to stress and wonder if it is normal to have these feelings.
Thanks guys.

Replies

• Hi,

Yeah i'm a first time mum, my lo is 14 weeks and I feel the same, I love him to bits but I feel like I am just looking after him and waiting for someone to come and collect him, it's really strange when I look at him I can't believe that this time last year I was 16 days pregnant and didn't even know. Now I'm a mummy and this tiny person that me and hubby creadted is finally here, after what seemed like the longest 9 months of my life, it now seems like only yesterday I found out I was pregnant. My sister in law had her little girl 1 week after my lo arrived and she feels the same.
    I'm also suffering with PND which isn't really helping me to get my head round being a mum. So don't worry hun, you're not the only one that feels a bit strange, I think it's just such a dramatic life change and nothing ever prepares you for it, and once you're home with your lo it seems so surreal, it's hard to believe that this tiny person relies on you so much and that you have them for the rest of your life.

Sammi and Harrison
    xxx
  • I feel totally the same, the first 4 weeks i kept expecting someone to knock on the door and say, right times up, give him back now. i was looking at him tonight, wide awake when he was meant to be asleep and he gave me a grin that melted my heart, i nearly sqeexed him to death, he IS the cutest thing in my world!!
  • i feel the same can't quite believe that that little man i gave birth to 6 weeks ago is mine, and that i grew him pretty much all by myself!! the strangest thing is feeling like i've always known him and that i can't imagine/remember what life was like before i had him!! (though i know i was skinnier cos all my clothes fitted and now they are miles too small!!) don't stress it's prefectly normal, it's all new to us so we're bound to have all sorts of feelings and emotions on the go!! Em & Noah xx