Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Big Babies!

2»

Replies

• Options
    OMG! a stone you would think that would have split her in 2. how on earth did they get that out if it was natural. guna have to watch it to find out! ouch lol x
    Caz x x
  • Options
    Teigan was only 6lb8 at birth and she has just piled it on so far will be 5 weeks on monday and already weighs 8lb15oz i cant believe how quickly she is gaining weight she doesnt look big tho she is very long and just starting to get chubby legs at the top its really cute xx
  • Options
    Poppy was 9lbs 12oz when born - a proper little chubby baby and was totally adorable! She was last weighed at about 7 months when she weighed just short of 19lbs. She is 9 months next week and I think she weighs a ton now!!
  • Options
    Ohh im gonna watch that my 5th was 11lb 4ozs when born! xx
  • Options
    Ollie was a big baby at birth - 9lb 2oz, and carried on putting on weight fast until he was about 5 months - since then he puts weight on really slowly but has been crawling and learning other things too so he just burns off most of what he eats (as an exapmle of what he eats he has 3 wheatabix for brekkies as well as a banana and 2 or 3 satsumas, and sometimes an apple or yoghurt - for dinner he will eat a mini meal of what we have plus a mashed up meal that ive prepared beforehand that is the equivalent of two large jars and a yoghurt and similar for tea) but he's now walking and burning off loads of it, so he still only puts a little weight on.

He's perfectly happy, and still has his chubby little legs, and isnt over or underweight - but weighs just 20lbs at 1 year old. (last time i had him weighed was 11 months old)

xxxx
  • Options
    I haven't had Bryn weighed for a while but.... he was 8lb 15oz when he was born... at 12 weeks he was 15lb 15oz and at 21 weeks he was 20lb 12.5oz... I've just started him on solids so it will be interesting to see how big he is now! x
  • Options
    Hi Ladies.
    There is a program on wednesday 9pm itv called Britains Biggest Babies. One baby weighed 1stone at birth!!
    Just thought Id let you know if you have not seen the advert.

my husbands uncle and one of his cousins were 1 stone at birth.
    Both delivered naturally -
    I've had the smallest baby on my hubbys side so far - the rest of them have all been over 12lb. My hubby was the smallest at 12lb 3oz. SIL was 13lb, his other cousin was 13lb 2oz i think........

they say second babies are bigger..... I was too small to deliver Ollie naturally so if we manange to get preg again how big is the second one going to be? image

xxxx
  • Options
    Oh my god stephe what big babies!! I dont know why Gabriel was so big as I was 8lb 5 and my oh 5lb 13. Then again my dad was 10lb and my uncle 11lb .... they were both home births! Makes me feel a wimp having a section lol, I had it the same reason as you - he was too big!
  • Options
    Hi there. This is my first post but I thought i'd let you all know my baby is big too. At 18 weeks she is 17lb 5 and almost on the 98th centile. She was only 8lb 3 when born (my husband was a 10 pounder when born so his mum smoked with his brother and sister to make them small, v. bad!). People think my LO is a lot older than she really is and she is quickly growing out of all her clothes!
  • Options
    Oakley is 7 months old and weighs just under 22lbs but he is 73cm long - so the hv has said that he is underweight for his height! I can assure you he doesnt look it!! He has the cubbiest cheeks I've ever seen! My 2 girls didnt hit that weight until they wre over 1 year old! Just alot mor to hug I think, I nice healthy happy baby. Too much pressure on adults to conform to the perfect weight / figure etc - lets not start doing that with our wee babies...just let them develop the way nature takes them and love them for what they are.
  • Options
    I think Ollie inherited his dads hollow legs - our food bill every month comes to ??200 (and thats buying the 'value' stuff!)

I make a meal that most people would expect to feed six people, but by the time hubbys finished it, and ollies had some theres just enough left for me :lol:

I'm not too bothered about his weight, he looks fine and sounds and plays fine. He eats plenty ( :lol: ) and just burns it off image
    Now why cant that work for me?

xxx
  • Options
    Joshua was 9lb 5oz, MW said she thought he would weigh about 7 1/2-8lbs I think she was more shocked than me at the size of him cos he was so long! I tore really badly with Joshua so HV said Id be able to have a c-section next time but I think id still try for a natural birth (obviosuly with lots of pain relief)!

Joshua is just over 1yrs old now and weighs 26lbs 3oz he's on the same line he was at birth so im not worried about his weight...he's taller than he is chunky but he is a tonne to lift! x
  • Options
    had brooke weighed today and she is 28lbs 7oz and 11 months old.. she is 79cm's long.. completely of the centile chart! oops! but she is all in proportion! xx
  • Options
    Just watching that progrmme on replay. OMG!!! Some of the women on there!! In particular the woman who was feeding her 1yr old chips and thought that was ok. I have to say that the little boy whose arse was hanging out of his trousers is in for a tough time.
  • Options
    I couldnt believe the twins, that little boy was massively over weight and his mum used to get picked on as a child about her weight so why is she doing the same to her child? Everytime you saw that little lad he had some sort of crap to eat in his hand its just shocking, he weighed 5 stone at 3 years old which is more than my daughter who is almost 9 and she was 10lb 12oz at birth so not small. I cant believe that those parents just werent giving their children a healthy diet, it is fine to give them crisps and sweets and chips, but they are treats not everyday foods.
  • Options
    I know, big babies can grow into healthy kids and it doesnt usually have any bearing on how fat they will be when they grow up - my dad was 10lbs at birth and is lanky and skinny! The only reason they grow into fat toddlers, kids and then adults is because the parents feed them crap. It was like that blonde woman thought he was just naturally big, yeah right. Though I'm a stone overweight myself so....cant really talk i guess!!