Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Very apprehensive today :\(

2»

Replies

• I know this sounds stupid and obvious but I think it helps massively to burp her STRAIGHT after a feed - no having a little cuddle first. Anyone got any burping tips?

I don't know why I passed out - I got up in the night, threw up & fainted, with no warning :roll: Think it could be hormonal as I did the same thing after coming off the pill.

I have just hung some washing up and we're still in one piece image
  • My step mum rubs Alfie's back in a circle quite firmly and we'd been patting him (showed us in hospital as I'd never held a baby let alone fed/burped one!!) and that worked so much better for him. Also when he was little we held him face down along my arma and patted him that worked well. COuldn't do it now as he's break me arm!!!
    Also have you had your iron levels tested? I've been on iron tablets since Alf arrived as I was passing out, dizzy the lot just after he was born. Reminded me I have washing in machine! x
  • I find with Riley bouncing helps like Tallkatie2 says, or over the shoulder and rubbing his back as he gets hiccups when I pat him. He also burps well now if I put him on my chest and lean back, although sometimes I get covered in sick! xxx
  • my oh used to sit cameron on his knee facing outwards and twist him from the waist from one side to the other. that used to fetch his wind up a treat..never worked for me though.
  • Can I join you in your nest? It sounds heavenly!

xx