Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help 7 week old baby very distressed is this colic?

:\?

Hello,

Can anyone help or advise please? i have a 7 week old baby who after her tea time bottle gets very distressed i settle her down and all of sudden she jumps which wakes her up and she gets very distressed like shes in pain. She cries for a few minutes until i can settle her again and then she does exactly the same again she does this over and over for about an hour.

Has anyone else experienced this? all advise welcome.

Thanks

Louise

Replies

• Options
    I am not sure - but could it be reflux?
    If it is worse when you lie her flat, then that would be a clue. Might be worth talking to you GP/HV about - if it;s colic they will give you some colic drops on prescription. In the meantime, try raising the head end of her cot - see if that helps -or try keeping her upright for 40 min after a feed.
  • Options
    colic is usually worse in the evnings so very well cld be. talk to ur hv who can avise u further and also ask her if she can show u some baby massage techinquies for trapped wind/ colic as this shld help to. with her tea time bottle, try giving it to her her over a prolionged time, ie keep stopping evry oz or so and give her a burp. u cld try gripe water or infacol for colic, but gripe watyer gets more reults but can only be used from 1months+ so shld be fine for ur daughter. nikkiandneil, u've obviously got very nice gp/hv as ours just told us to buy colic drops, they never even alluded to prescribing it. xx
  • Options
    I told my GP that I wanted them on prescription - didn't even give them the option of not doing! Cheeky (I know) but every penny counts and coliefe is really expensive! image
  • Options
    haha it is indeed, which is why we never used it, right next time (!) i will be demanding a prescription if colic rears its ugly head. maybe cos ds was my firt i was a complete ????sh over with the docs hvs etc, even when i kknew i was right, next time will definately be putting my foot down more. x
  • Options
    Hi hun, my wee one has colic and we tried everything to soothe him. Infacol, colief, crystals, cow & gate colic relief food but nothing worked, then we moved him onto Dr Brown bottles and I cannot believe the difference. He's such a smiley baby now and is so content at night. Not saying he doesn't cry, but he's definitely not as bad and can quite happily lie on his activity mat for an hour gooing and gaaing, whereas before he would never have done this. In fact, last night he slept from 10.45pm to 6am this morning!

C xx
  • Options
    What milk is she on Hun x