Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

lo's breakfast

Charlie is almost 7months and up till now has been having the baby cereal you make up with either milk or water - just wondered what you give your lo's for breakfast as i find we get through it so quickly as the boxes aren't that big and it's not cheap to keep buying a few boxes a week, any suggestions?xx

Replies

• Options
    We have to keep to the cow and gate baby cereals as we've been advised to keep Oscar off gluten, so I know what you mean about the expense! It's on offer in morrisons atm so I've stocked up lol

Now he's over 6 months he can have pretty much anything. Normal porridge, weetabix and toast are good ideas. He can have them with full fat cows milk now too. It's sooooo much easier when you can do that!!

Xxx
  • Options
    This morning Gabe had Oatibix bitesize and then strawberries as finger food. He's dead fussy about breakfast - doesn't like weetabix, throws toast on the floor. He likes ready brek though and will always eat fruit.
  • Options
    thats great thanks - didn't realise i could use full fat milk yet thought it was 1 year or is that just as a drink?x
  • Options
    Just as a drink. Although my sister was told 9 months as a drink as long as it didn't replace breastmilk or formula. But you can use it in food from 6 months with no problems.
  • Options
    Cally is 7 months and has baby cereals most days as she usually likes them - she is becoming quite fussy with lots of stuff, shame as she was a good eater when we started off. I try her with weetabix or ready brek sometimes but she is not keen - baby cereal is much sweeter, I have added pureed strawberries or mashed banana and sometimes that works. What, if anything, does anyone add to theirs to get lo to eat it?

A, xx
  • Options
    Hi hun, how about half an avacado & banana mashed up with his usual milk?
    I give this to Kade twice a week for brekkie and he really likes it. It's also really good for them which is a bonusimage