Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

bottom wind

hi again, i'm full of questions this morning. i've realised that when evie wakes during the night (3 ish times) most often it's because she has trapped wind at the bottom end, pumping seems to cause her pain and she always cries. she's over 4months now. has anybody used infacol 3+months? anybody used it for this kind of wind and does it work? i bought some yesterday in hope it will have an effect. anybody know of any other tricks or things i could use for her, i hate seeing her in pain! xx

Replies

• i found gripe water was best for bottom wind. i had to give it my daughter up until she was 18 months old. i even find now if i get trapped wind a swig of gripe water does the job (and im 25). i advise using a syringe, give her 1.5ml approx 30 mins before her last feed, 1.5ml in the middle of her feed and then 2ml after the feed, this did the job on my daughter.

c xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • ah brill thanks for that, i'll buy some image xxx
  • Morgana used to have really bad wind and it hurt her a lot . This went on well over 3 months + and I used Infacol for her and made sure her bottles are not shaken but stirred to avoid the amount of air going into her. It took about a week to clear everything but she was a much happier baby for it.
  • hiya yeah gripe water is good, Lewis is 10 month and i still use it with him, he loves it lol, the pharmacist said i shouldn't use it as he should be able to sort his own wind out!
  • We used infacol for quite a while and in fairness it did seem to work. What we also found what worked was to cycle his legs while he was led down on a nappy change and massage his tummy before lifting his knees to his chest. If you do this regulary, it usually results in some good bottom burps.

Hope this helps!
  • Hi, by accident my hubby & I discovered that if he held our LO across his forearm (stomach down) & started doing armcurls that it helped our LO to trump & get his wind out! lol! It was so funny the night it happened as LO woke upset, I thought he was hungry so as I got ready to BF him hubby stood by the bed with our LO in said position & he trump each time my hubby lifted his arm...so he kept doing it until our LO stopped trumping & then our LO was happy, no feed needed & he went back to bed!
    Worth a try!
  • Combination of infacol before feed and gripe water after worked for our first. Just started giving our 3 week old infacol too cos she really struggles to get wind up without it.
  • We used Detinox colic drops. I'd put the dose in his bottle.
  • Hi ihave made few posts on here about wind a s my 6 week old struggles to settle and often wakes up in pain. daisy has beenon infacol for 5 weeks and i have tried everysuggestion going on here, ireally thinkevery baby is different and you have to try everything!!! daisy seems to let lot of wind through her bottom but it is asif it is too late by then, often after an hour of grizzling and crying and sometimeswheni pick her up to feed her it is only just coming outthen. I will fefo try the arm curl thing though that sounds genious!! i had a particuarlly bad weekend last week and i dont know whether it was a coinsedence but i had been using gripe water that week. And beleive me did she gripe all day and all night,since i have stopped giving it her she has been much better.
  • hi linzi, did the gripe water work?????

i have another suggestion if not, i have never tried it but my mum child minds and 2 of her children use this and never suffer wind.

fennel water, its just fennel leaves boiled in water, then use the water to make up the bottle or baby as water, apparently it works really well.

c xxxxxxxxxxxxx