Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Slimming World v Weight Watchers

I haven't been on here for ages, so if this has already been mentioned prev. Sorry!

I've just started slimming world (James is nearly 11 months old and I really need to shift baby weight), but I am finding it really hard, feel so restriced in what I can eat and craving everything I'm not allowed. I did WW about 6-7 years ago and found it much easier, but only lost a couple of stone and couldn't shift anymore weight, so that why I thought I'd try SW.

What have you lovely ladies (and gents), found to be the most successful? Wish I could wave a magic wand and for it all to disappear. xx

Replies

• Hello! I did slimming world a few years ago and lost about 3 stone, but the second i stopped "fod optimising" and ate a normal, healthy diet the weight flooded back on, with extra!
    I am currently doing weight watchers and think its greta because effectively you can eat whatever you like, just smaller portions of it! You can exercise to gain extra points or shift the weight faster, adn you can save points for special times in the week eg a meal out. You can fill up on 0 point foods and still enjoy that chocolate bar or glass of wine. I feed my husband and daughter pretty much the same meals im eating as its a healthy, maintanable way of life.
    Im certainly not saying its easy, its far from it. But if you want to lose weight, you need to diet and exercise, and in my opinion ww is far better than sw any day!!

Good luck x
  • Hello! I did slimming world a few years ago and lost about 3 stone, but the second i stopped "fod optimising" and ate a normal, healthy diet the weight flooded back on, with extra!
    I am currently doing weight watchers and think its greta because effectively you can eat whatever you like, just smaller portions of it! You can exercise to gain extra points or shift the weight faster, adn you can save points for special times in the week eg a meal out. You can fill up on 0 point foods and still enjoy that chocolate bar or glass of wine. I feed my husband and daughter pretty much the same meals im eating as its a healthy, maintanable way of life.
    Im certainly not saying its easy, its far from it. But if you want to lose weight, you need to diet and exercise, and in my opinion ww is far better than sw any day!!

Good luck x
  • Hi. I've never done either but I do Rosemary Conley and its worked brilliantly for me.
    I have been going for 7 months, have lost 2 stone which puts me in the centre of my ideal weight range and I have stopped through choice as I'm happy as I am now but so far have maintained this weight for about 4 months! I still go to the club as its an aerobics class too, now I eat what I like so I think its the additional exercise thats worked (I walk just over a mile to work and back three times a week min). From talking to the other ladies at the club the key seems to be to carry on going once you've lost the weight to help maintain.
    I would really recommend it, you get quick results too,

good luck

xxxx
  • I'm on weight watchers and because I'm breastfeeding I'm only allowed to lose 1lb a week and on the points they give you it works out perfectly I've been so impressed. I've basically lost a 1lb a week since I started in July!!! I am nearly now at pre-pregnancy weight so it def works for me.