Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Was anyone told the wrong sex of the baby at a scan?

Hi,

I'm going for my 17-20 week scan on Monday and am hoping to find out the sex of the baby if possible. I just wondered how often they get it wrong! Has this happened to anyone on here? I'm not planning on going mad with a pink or blue nursery so its not such a big deal but just curious really!!

Hope all you lovely mummies are doing ok, I love coming on here and reading all your posts, such a good place to get advice for a 1st time mum to be!!

Liz xxx

Replies

• Options
    hi lizb

with last wee boy they said it was boy and this time consultant didnt think he could see then baby flashed and he gave me picture of his little winky not that the picture looks like that to me and my other half said he could see it on screen too so hopefully its right.

good lock for monday

tracey x
  • Options
    I think it's about 80% and they say if not sure but I have heard of 1 or 2 wrong. I didn't want to know but radiographer just said 'it's a boy' when my 16 yr old asked !!!!
  • Options
    hi they were right with my boy and when the sonographer showed me i have to say it was pretty obvious. having said that i know someone who was told at her 20 week scan she was having a girl who turned out to be a boy called harry.
  • Options
    We wanted to know but they said they couldn't tell but would say they thought it may be a girl. If it's a boy they are usually fairly sure but can't be 100% with a girl
  • Options
    wen i went for my scan my partner had pointed out his little winky and the sonographer told him he was right! its fairly obvious with boys, just keep a look out for a little winky because you can probably see for yourself if it is a boy! good luck x
  • Options
    It is so frustrating...I wanted to know but the only shot she could get was from under the bum and said as there was nothing showing in between bum cheeks she thinks it is a girl...which is great...but I want to be a bit more certain, so will now have a 4D scan at 28 weeks image
  • Options
    I was told i was having a girl and i was worried they got it wrong, i didnt buy too many pink outfits just in case and then at 30 weeks i had a 4d scan and they also said its a girl and both were right. Had my little girl thurs and when she was born and they wrapped her all up i said to the midwife "it is deffinatly a girl then?" and she laughed and said "oh, i hadn't looked... hang on.." had a peep and then smiled "yes- u have a healthy baby girl"