Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

what would u do???

ethans dedication (christening but with no water) is at the end of the month but i have a prob!!

things are not great with me and my mum (long story but basically alot things about he past came out in the open while i was preg and things havent been the same with us since...i am now keeping my distance from her, been abviced by my counsellor - i have panic attacks and being around her doesnt help).

anyway we sent out invites, to my mum and dad as a couple cause i didnt want my dad to feel awkward if we only invited him, so we invited both..but realistically, if my mum is there we wont be able to relax and enjoy the day and focus on the baby etc...

i get panicky around my mum due to the issues etc.

so anyway do i

A...cancel the whole thing and set a date in a few months when things are maybe/hopefully a bit better
B..have a small ceremony just during normal church service and not really invite anyone (except normal church people...its our church itd be in)
C..just go ahead as planned?

to cancel wouldnt be a big deal, its our own church they wouldnt mind, and i have only a couple aunts and id just let them know its off, and it be no big deal..

we havent arranged anything for after anyhow...

please help. this i all such a mess!!!

Replies

• hi love
    i do not the situation could talk your dad about how feel or call off and do it later i am not sure but wonted to send you bigs hugs you most be so stressed at about all. I was stressed but i did not any time think it went so quick my parents and in laws do not get on. All i can say do wont is best for you.
    carrie