Forum home Babies Baby

exercising

is anyone else finding it tough to eat proper healthy food and exercise after baby, everytime i look in the mirror there is this flabby stranger looking back at me screaming for me to get off my saggy backside and do something about it, but i just cant be arsed, for the sake of 15 mins to do some tummy toning xercises, and instead of eating an apple or banana when peckish why does chocolate win every time, then i sit and moan about what a bloater i am, its not fair why can the men not put on the weight.:\?

Replies

• hiya,

yes... a sore point that is! I haven't had my baby yet and already I know that there will be a lot of me to lose afterwards!

I am currently going to an antanatel yoga class and just before our slot there is one for mums and babies. Maybe there's something like that in your area and who knows? A gentle start can help you switch to the healtier state of mind?

Also, depending on how old your baby is - swimming with the baby could be a really great form of exercise - for both of you! image

I think the main part though is not to give yourself too hard a time over it. Your body is probably still letting you know what it wants - especially if you are breastfeeding.

Good luck!
    and let us know how you get on!!

• Same here! I lost two stone of baby weight soon after and have lost another 9 pounds, but that was by starving myself (not sensible!) and now have started to slip back into bad ways. I am overweight anyway, so really want to lose the weight for the sake of my health and to be here for my daughter - sounds mad, but my Mum died when I was 2, and I want to make sure I am healthy and here to watch Grace grow up.
    I find exercising a real pain , so best of luck to anyone who has the will power to do it!