Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help! 3 week old with cold

My poor little girl has an awful oold and I don't know what to do!
She wont let me put her down for more than 10 mins and wants to constantly feed so I'm really sore!
I don't mind the feeding as I know the more the better really but neither of us has slept since yesterday morning!

Just wondering if anyone had any tips, I feel so sorry for her :cry:

Lulu & Tilly
xxx

Replies

• Oh hun, that's not fun.

If she's got a blocked nose you could get nasasol which will help clear the snot by loosening it.

Another useful tip that doesn't solve the problem but can help relieve the symptoms is damp towels on warm radiators (or in the sun) to ensure the air doesn't get too dry.

Talk to your HV or Dr if it carries on as they may be able to suggest something else.
  • Hi Hun!! I know how you feel Jacob has caught the sniffles and isnt feeding well because of it and havent slept for days (YAWN!)

I took him to the GP this morning and she has given me saline nasal drops, i gave them to him before his last feed and he defiantly wasnt as bunged up. She also said about taking him in the bathroom with me when i have a bath or shower as the steam may help.

Other than that im not sure chick. hugs to you and tilly! xxx
  • Thank you! I took her in the bathroom with me when I had a shower last night and that worked for all of 10 minutes!
    She seems to be a little better now, have just been to the hairdressers and she has slept for her dad for 2 hours! Typical!

Sorry to hear Jacob isn't too good either, must be a 3 week thing!

xxx