Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

"Accidents"

2»

Replies

• There are some lovely stories here. Mrs A.. and dylans mummy. awwwwww how lovely! Made me well up reading it.

My first was an accident. i was using the cap. I was very drunk and we had sex that night. The next morning i was very very hungover. We were due at a Christening. We had just had sex again when i stumbled into the shower. On auto pilot i took out the cap (about 15 mins after sx) did not think anything of it. Luckily we were a couple in the sense of the word. We were not living together but we had been together 3 years. I ws 21 and OH 24. We got through it and when she was 18 months we got married. A few months later after been careless I was preg again. During this preg OH was diagnosed with testicular cancer. It had spread and he had to undergo months of chemeo. He had 6 weeks of chemeo in the end and a huge op where he lost a kidney. We were told he would be sterile but tbh after coming so close to losing him it seemed a small price to pay.
    We got on with life with Lauren and Chris and forgot all about babies. I always wanted a large family but these things happen. Ten years later I am like a whore from hell. I am so grumpy and so stroppy that i dont know why. I notice in the shower my boobs are sore and think OMG...... I go to the shops and buy a test thinking NO WAY. Well to cut a long story short I was!!! So, not an accident as such but OMG total shock. We had joseph and thought that was a fluke. When Joseph was 7 months we were careless again lol... anyway along comes Charlie and then Amelia.

So, really we have 5 kids by accident, miracle and the grace of god...

d xxx

[Modified by: dee dee on September 12, 2010 02:18 PM]

• my dd1 was an accident. i was 19 had been on the pill since i was 14 (due to af pains not for contraceptive use at that young age,lol) anyway the nurse i saw when i found out (i missed an af) said she thinks the reason i fell pregnant was due to the 7 day break being too long for my body and that i then ov!-great!! no use to me then! needless to say i dont use the pill for contraception now!
    anyway my accident is now 5 years old and i wouldnt change her for the world she is an absolute delight!
    my mum also feel pregnant with a copper coil with my younger sister!
  • Our happy little oooopsie is now 5! He wasn't planned but we'd been together for 9 years, living together for 6 and engaged for 4 so maybe more of a surprise to us than everyone else lol!! We joke that he's a combination of too much wine not enough care one night and voila a BFP! DD was planned in so much as we didn't want DS to be an only child so decided to abandon the condoms (I can't take the pill) and see what happened. Six weeks later another BFP. I too count myself as hugely lucky to have had 2 easy, healthy pregnancies when I know how some people struggle to even have one.

Xx
  • aww dee dee what a lovely story ( as where Mrs A and dylansmummy) but I never knew all that went on for your 5 to be here xx
  • Some of these are lovely stories! Making me all emotional!

Not a day goes by where I don't say thank you for my babies and how lucky I am to be able to fall pregnant easily. I really mean it - daily it hits me how blessed I am.
  • i was told for 10 years that i would never concieve naturally due to being in the early menopause (im only 28!) so i had the coil taken out in the march (not having had a period in 5 years) and was booked in for fertility treatment in the septemeber to give my body time to get used to the coil being taken out but we were still trying in the mean time and my DD was concived NATURALLY in the june. my gyne said it must of been the second time i ovulated in over 6 years! he could not belive i was pregnant and neither could we. i class DD as a most wanted miracle
  • Toby was definitely not an accident - he was totally planned - but a surprise all the same. Hubby and I had been trying for 7-months and also had a MC 2-months before. Hubby had also been finding it hard, erm, you know! So we actually didn't do it anywhere near my ov - or so I thought. I think I ov later than I thought and hey presto - he was made!

xxx