Forum home Babies Baby

Baby Walker?

Hi
Is anyone's LO using a baby walker? I think Matthew would like it cos he always wants to be on his feet (he loves his door-way bouncer) and I think he'd like to get about a bit. Can anyone recommend one? I need one that's not too expensive and is easy to clean as he's a bit of a sicky little man. Thanks
Juliette :\)

Replies

• i got 1 from mcare ??40 the play tray is fiddley to clean but does come off so u can just have the empty tray on. i only had lo in it for about half hour at a time but he loved it, dont think it delayed his walking as he was off on his feet a couple wk before his 1st birthday. i think if u get 1 without activities in they r cheaper and u can put highchair toys on.
    tbh my lo was bored of the activity bit after a while. xx
  • Thanks Kirst - good idea about the highchair toys. (TBH I think those sounds ones would drive me mad anyway LOL!)
    Good to hear it didn't hinder your LOs walking too - some people say don't use bouncers, don't use walkers etc etc, i don't know if i'm coming or going!
  • they do nice ones in woolworths thats not too expensive.

they are a gd idea my daughter used 1 she loved running around init, but u will probaly find he will go backwards first for a while xx
  • i used one with my daughter she loved it it was a blue graco one that had a play tray which was really noisy! it was from babies r us she was walking by 8 months!!!
  • Thanks Munchkin and Faithlouise - i'll check some out on the web i think.
  • hi. they are recommended from 6 months when baby has got some back control,and their muscles can tolerate being in an up right position for a period of time. but i have always put mine in one by 5 months. i have just got one off ebay for 10.51. it's a graco one and is near new. it has a play tray that you can take off as well. there are loads out there so have a browse around. good luck.xx
  • Hi, my parents have got one for christmas for my lo she will be 6 mnths then. They got one from mothercare wth music and lights on as she loves things like that! We are getting her the rainforest jumperoo, as she already has the bouncer chair and loves it to bits! It is quite expensive so we have been looking round on ebay where it is slightly cheaper but still brand new. Our 6 yr old had a baby walker when she was little and it didn't do her any harm!
  • My one year old cousin has one (he's not walking yet as was born premature at only 26 weeks) and he's a right speed demon in it! They have a wooden floor so he goes really fast and crashes into everyone, it's so funny! I won't be getting one for Lily though cos we have a stone floor and it's really uneven so she would probably have some terrible accident...unless I get her a crash helmet and some arm and knee pads!
  • hi
    we got one as a present. lo loves it. she stands and watches tv or plays with her toys. she loves to throw all her toys off the front of it and try to look over to see where they have gone. i think they are only dangerous if you are not supervising them while they are in it. ours is a safety first one with toys that you can open up to see the table underneath. thinks its about ??40
  • ours is the graco one that you can take the activity tray off (coz it is soooo annoying!!) think is was ??40 also, although we got it about 4 years ago! oh and the cover comes off so you can wash it!
    l/o like it coz he gets so frustrated that he cant get around, but he thinks it's a bouncer and jumps up and down in it too!! doesn't like being in for too long though x.