Forum home Babies Baby

Electric Breast Pumps.. Need your help!

Currently have a manual breastpump.. but think i need a electic one now...

Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks x

Replies

• the medela pumps always get rave reviews, although i'm not sure what the difference is between the normal electric or the swing.

i ahd a manual avent last time and this time i think i'll be getting the TT CTN electric one as it'll eb compatable with the bottles i'm using which was a nightmare last time as having to sterilize twice as much and wished i could just express into the bottle he was going to feed from.

hth xx
  • Medela Swing EVERY TIME - it was worth every penny of it's price and kept me breastfeeding as my manual just did NOT get enough out for me. The mini medela is not recommended for regular expressing (whatever that counts as) but the Swing was SPOT ON for me!!!!
  • I've got the Tommee Tippee CTN and I'm really happy with it.
  • I have a manual one but there just isnt much coming out.. and LO also wants to feed from me after.. so defeating the object of expressing..

Anyone hired one? I know you can from NCT?
  • I can recommend the medela swing (single pump) or medela freestyle (double pump). Both have worked perfectly for me although I'm not BF'ing at the same time.

Sorry I've never hired one but I know that you can contact Medela direct to hire one from them, if you are interested.

HTH and good luck xx
  • Hi g/c from pregnancy!

Can I ask those who have used the medela swing, how long did it roughly take to express a feed? I've got a swing but getting put off expressing because of ladies saying how long it takes!
  • I would also recommend the medela swing. With regards to how long it takes to express, if my boobs are really full, in 10 mins I can easily have filled the bottle (6oz if right to the top) but if my ds has just fed, it can take longer and I don't express as much
    xx
  • i used the TT electric one and got on really well with it, i broke the tubing for it and they sent me a new one free of charge so i was pleased!

ashy x
  • With regards to expressing a 'whole feed' I never aimed to do this at one sitting I just expressed for 5 mins of each boob and then fridged or froze the results cos you can mix it with what you express the next time when you need a feed! I found different times of day resulted in different amounts of milk!

Don't know about hiring although I know I can from my local hospital so it might be worht asking your hv!
  • i expressed for 4 months with the Avent Electric and found this one was brill too! Keep an eye on the mothercare website as they're often on offer!

xxxx
  • Mothercare have the medlea swing on offer at the mo - I got one yesterday! I'm going to try it out tonight!
  • With regard to the time it takes to express - it depends on how much milk you have, when you fed last and what your let down is like. In the 6 months I've been expressing, I've gone from 6 minutes, to 40 minutes and now I'm at about 20 minutes. Sorry I can't offer a more concrete answer xx