Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

poorly baby-are these symptoms of teething?

Hi all. My littlle girl was 1 yesterday but spent most of it crying and pulling her ears. Over the last week she's had a cough and cold, runny nappies and has gone off food. Had her to the on call dr on sunday who said its all to do with her teeth. Do these sympoms sound familiar to anyone? She already has two bottom teeth which appeared without much trouble and yesterday one of her top front teeth has cut through!!

Replies

• I read something that said pulling their ears may mean that's where the pain is. Could she have blocked ears to do with her cold maybe? That can be painful sometimes.
  • I asked the dr to check them on sunday (was not easy to get her to keep her head still) and she said they were both fine but may be pulling them as she is in pain but in her mouth. Wish I had asked more questions. I just didn't expect all this with teething.
  • My little 7 month baby girl has had this nasty Norovirus this past week which included runny nappies, snotty nose, nasty cough and pulling of her ears ( apparently it meant her glands were up) She also went off all food so i would think maybe your little one has been suffering from the sameimage Our doctor advised calpol every 4 hours.
    hth and hope she feels better soon.
    Sue and London
  • My ds is 9 months and is exactly the same! Took him to the dr on Monday as i was worried he had a chest infection as his cough sounds awful and his voice is really croaky but the Dr said the cough is in his throat not his chest!
    One of his top teeth has finally come through i noticed this morning,so i'm puting it down to teething!!
  • I could have written your post word for word! Were waiting for lo's 3rd tooth and he has the exact same symptoms, i felt a hard bump this morning so hopefully it'll be through very soon xx