Forum home Babies Baby

People are so bloody rude

2»

Replies

• Its so sad though dont you think? I have genuinely lost faith in human kind. No one says thank you any more when you open doors / stand aside, I used to shout 'your really welcome' after them but have given up as it never makes a difference. When people do things that are their fault that cause you to bump into them or whatever they never acknowledge and if you challange they tend to become rude and abusiive. I must say this is mostly adults who do this, teenagers usually mutter sorry under their breath in the grunty way teenagers tend to. Old people think they have the right to be rude. I was taught to respect elders but I also believe respect has to be earnt and if some one is rude to me why shouldnt i defend myself. Just cause they are older doesnt give the right to be rude.
    Argh!!!! Somebody please restore my faith in human kind and nature! Please! x
  • i actually find thats its just a small age group that are like it, the reeeaaally old ones (70+) are generally fine, its the 60-70yr olds that seem to think they're owed something and have the worst manners. x
  • Oh I love this thread lol. I was on the bus once and it was pretty busy. I was stood up in the buggy space with ds1 in te buggy and was about 6 months pregnant with a pretty obvious bump, when some old woman got on and was adament she was getting her shopping trolly into the buggy space (even though the bus driver had offered to put it into the luggage rack for her). She rammed it right into the buggy hurting ds's leg (he was only 22 months) maing him cry, the buggy handle rammed into bump and she didn't even apologise just sat there mummbling about children having tantrums.

Also I notice all the time, I'll be struggling to get the pram through a door, trying to hold it open whilst struggling to manover the pram through one handed and so many people just barge through past me because I'm taking too long. If one of them bothered to hold the door for me I'm sure they'd find I'd be much quicker.

This is one of them topics I could rant all day about lol.
  • God, this is such a sad sad thread isn't it when you realise just how much unnecessary abuse you receive on a daily basis just because you have a pram!

We should send it to David Cameron and ask him to develop rude old lady ASBO's that we can dish out as and when because it's not actually "the youth of today" that are the problem :lol:
  • i've not had my baby yet but can absolutely agree about the lack of manners in the world today. I have a very obvious baby bump and have twice in the past week had people barge past me when i've opened the door to walk into a petrol station...aholes!
    The worst offenders are old people - i've thought that since I was a teenger and had to share a bus to college with the old whingers! I lost count of the amount of times they'd Q-jump to the front of the bus Q (and i'd have probably offered to let them of first anyway given hlf the chance as I was always brought up to respect my elders - thats going out the window slowly the more I get confronted with rude old people though!).

I always hold door open for people but the only ones that seem to say thanks or do the same for me is *shock horror* teenagers! I actually think its the older folk who should be ashamed of their manners these days!

*wanted to add, this if of course a generalisation and not all old people are rude, cranky eejits*
  • it was poring with rain one day when my son was about 3 months. i had waited 20 mins for the bus and when it came i got on and the driver looked at me with the pram and said there is no space for the pram. now in the pram parking were 3 old ladies sitting. and the driver siad unless you can get them to move you will need to wait on the next bus!!! so i had to ask the ladies to move who honestly looked at me like i had asked them to give up their pensions rather than their seats. they did move further back the bus but not without tutting and humphing all the way there. i was more livid at the driver though for not asking them to move as the space was for prams and wheelchairs.

• Looks like a lot of ladies can relate to you hun!

It is obscene how through pregnancy the world and his mate feel they have the right to say/do what they want relating to your bump, offering opinion as if its absolute fact, pee's me off no end. Plus just no kindness, I had a shop assistant jaba hanger into my bump (no apology), got barged into countless times, and just no courtesy.

Then poor baby boys born and it all goes wrong!! Childless people parking in the parent spaces pee's me off beyond words, or when the kids are about 14!! Not holding doors when they can see you struggling, and then tutting!! I held a door for a lady with a buggy when hubby has the boy in another part of the shop, she was so grateful bless her and she'd just moved to go through the door when some 50-something barged past her.

But I also want to add some nice things, like when me and the boy went swimming, got to the entrance and had to carry him as so space for buggys, had the bag, blow-up ring, big baby and there was a bunch of school boys in the way so I thought great, obstacle course! But they spotted us, moved out the way and held two sets of doors for us, it did really make my day! Plus when the electrician came over he took a liking to the boy who was being a grump, he asked to hold him so he played with him for ten minutes giving me chance to make myself some dinner.

My hubby looks after our boy in the evenings and weekends so I can get jobs done and have me time, so when I'm out shopping I will always make sure if I see a mum struggle I help her, don't get despondant ladies, just remember to continue being nice and teach these beautiful babies of ours to do the same and sod the meanies xxx
  • The lift thing I find the worst, you have legs use them. I think it makes it worse that I would kill to be fully able bodied, walk 10 flights of stairs manage to fold the buggy down whilst on my own or drive. But unfortunately I cant so I make the best of it, in return I get people barging past me to use lifts, using a cash machine whilst im still stood in front of it as they cant wait a second till I manouvere the pram out the way and weird comments on the bus when I take a while to get Dylan on and off. However the other day I was on the bus and an elderly blind lady got on, there were no seats and no one offered her one, I got up off one of those awful pop up seats that really aren't suitable for elderly or disabled people held the seat down for her and told her where it was, she was so so greatful thanked me profusely other people tutted at how long it took her to get on the bus!!!!!

Dylan does BLW and me and my mum took him to m&s for some lunch he sat beautifully in his high chair and ate his sandwich and jelly. Was grinning at everyone and behaved like an angel, there was a little mess but not as much as yoiu would expect for a 6 1/2 month old feeding himself with his hands, and 2 old ladies spent the entire time giving us foul looks and muttering under their breath! I bloody cleaned up the mess after he had finished I wanted to throw the gummed up sandwich at them!!!!

I was always brought up to say please and thank you, give up my seat on the bus, hold open doors and generally be polite. I want my son to follow the same but I seriously worry about how little people now care about others!
  • The only thing that really upsets me is when people comment on lizzies hair, yes she has a lot of hair and obv i think she is giorgoues but why do people shout! i have had AT LEAST 6 people shout "OMG look at that abbies hair!!" image Now I wouldnt shout "omg look at that ladies cardy or at her wrinkles" so why shpout about my daughters hair. it really embarrasses me and i dont think its nice to be shouting about somebodys appearance!
    I also get the -was she planned. I found that answring "yes we decided to have sex". stops that question no stranger wnats to sit and discuss how she got her with me so why is it their business if she was planned or not?!
    bump comments- omg dont they annoy you, along wioth the poking and proding!! you will alway find someone thinks you have a small bump whilst someone else thinks its huge. tell them your mw thinks its the perfect size!
    and yes the other one is the people who barge past me in tescos when i have lizziue in the trolly seat-i want to go down the alsie too just because i might be on maternity leave does not mean i have nothing else to do all day but wait for rude people who dont even have the common curtousity to say blaming thank you!!!

OK rant over image
  • hahaha i've done many a rant thread in BIJ2010. these are copies of a couple of my rants (sorry it's so long i was very angry when i wrote them!)

me and my other half took LO to shops this afternoon as we needed some milk for her etc and thought as it was a nice day she should get some fresh air (has had a bit of a cold lately) so we took her out in the carseat attatched to her pram as we weren't going to be out for long and it also meant we could hop in a taxi home if she got a bit cranky with still being a bit poorly.

anyways we were walking round shops and she didn't look a happy bunny so with her having a bad chest i took her out of car seat and decided i'd carry her for a bit instead. now my LO loves sitting on your hip when you walk so she can have a good nosey about so i was walking alone like that when some little old lady came up to me put her hands on LO's head and had a go at me telling me babys' heads need supported (LO has been able to hold her own head for prolonged periods since she was 6 weeks old!).

then as well as that she tried to move my arms from where they were supporting LO's back and bum to another place!

now i understand older people, or people in general may not know she can hold her own head and she may have just been trying to be nice telling me that, i could understand just saying it to someome (i'd still be cranky as i know my own baby, but i'd have understood where she was coming from) but where the hell does a total stranger get off trying to take my baby and move her out of my arms!?

ii was so unbelievably angry at her for not only daring to try and move my baby but the fact that her interference almost made me drop her i must admit i did something i wasn't very proud of and called her a naughty word after she was out of ear shot but i couldn't help myself.

2) i am sick of old people muttering about single teenage parents on benefits swanning around like they own the place, gee sorry i need food to eat! but...i'm not a teenager! i'm not a single parent! myself and OH have our own house! we both work full time! and generally just sod off you irritating old people!

3) old people with shopping trolleys in the buggy bays on buses. shift! now! or i will run you over with my buggy!

4) old people muttering about badly behaved children when all she did was smile and say hiya repeatedly to you! she's 5 1/2 month FFS say hiya back you miserable sods!

5) people deliberately cutting you off in doors, lifts, street etc not helping with doors but expecting you to help them?!

6) people telling me how to parent my child. she is mine, not yours, deal with it!

7) people not stopping when i'm in the middle of crossing a zebra crossing! my OH went absolutely ballistic when someone nearly hit me and buggy the other week. was quite amusing as he was about a foot shorter than the woman!! who did it. what was even more disgusting was she had a toddler in her car too!!

8) other ignorant mothers who cut you off at doors deliberately get in the way etc...you know how hard it is with a baby and buggy surely so why do that to another mum??

......that will do for now! hahah can you tell people really really bug me lately?? on the plus side though...

i'm starting to appreciate teenage charva boys!!!!! they nearly all help me with my buggy, move out of the way for me etc. talk to LO and try to make her smile, hold doors and such like which is a lovely change! and one that made me laugh was when a younger brother was swearing in morrisons the other day and the elder one told him off 'because the little baby will hear you', bless him haha
  • Aww mummy and emmy-lee, thats really sweet of the lad telling his lil bro to not swear, made me smile! image xxx
  • Ooooh - let me join in! Mine is slightly different as I was out without Matilda but still confirms how bloody rude some people are. We took a short flight yesterday after being away for the weekend (a manic weekend of house hunting so by no means a relaxing jaunt!). I had a c-section 7 weeks ago and I've recovered really well but was feelimng really rough yesterday - just achy and generally knackered. Anyway, we get in the queue so that in about three days time we can actually board the easyjet flight (that's a whole nother rant!) and, after 10 mins or so, queue is still not going anywhere. There were seats RIGHT next to where we standing so I sat. When the queue started moving I got back up and joined my husband. The woman behind starts bitching to her husband about me just sitting on my backside and then cutting into the queue. Knowing full well I could hear! These people annoy me more than the people that are rude to your face! Ggggrrr!!!
  • can i add another please???

just took emmy swimming and had her on the baby changing table to put her swim wrap on and the second i finished putting the velcro on to do it up some woman came dumped her bags on the changing table practically on top of her head! and then when i glared had the cheek to ask if i was done yet?? she didn't have a baby and only wanted to brush her hair in the mirror! put your f'ing bags on the DRY seats then NOT on my baby's head when she and i are both blatantly no ready!

oh yeah....and don't try and sweet talk my baby after you do this coz she's stopped smiling. if i'd had enough hands i would've thumped her tbh, but i had to settle for emmy blowing a rasberry in her face and try not to laugh!
  • Grrrr, old people can be so rude !!

When my lo was around 10 months old I had her sat in the normal seat of the trolley. My hubby and I were stood right next to the trolley looking at what to buy when some old lady in a hurry lifted her basket up to squeeze past us (rather than wait for the 2 people with trolleys walking down the other side to get past) and clonked my lo in the side of her head with the corner of the basket. My lo had an actual dent in her temple and a big bruise after and all this woman did was tut about that fact we were supposadly (sp) taking up the aisle ! I couldnt believe it, I was actually too shocked to say anything and just calmed Charlotte down. !