Forum home Babies Baby

8 months and only 2 bottles a day, is this ok??

Holly is 8 months now, she was exclusively bf for 3 months,then 1-2 feeds a day formula for another 3or 4 months. Then gradually reduced bf to just one in the morning which I stopped last week. She was having 4 6oz bottles a day but the last 2 days will only drink 2. She is eating well though. Should I be trying to get her to drink more? Ive never dropped any feeds intentionally, everything has been baby led.

thanks ladies
Lisa

Replies

• My LO is 8 months today and she has just gone down to 2 bottles. She has always been FF, well from week 2.

She has 8oz first thing and as a bed bottle. I was also offering a bottle about 2pm, but she has been having less and less so I've dropped it and just offer water now.

She rarely finishes the 2 she has so all seems to be going okay x
  • Thanks for the reply. Yeah I guess it must be fairly normal then, she seems to be as full of beans as ever!!
  • double post

[Modified by: lisao on April 25, 2010 03:59 PM]

• Beth is about 7.5 months and is almost down to 2 a day. She has a bottle at 3ish but only takes about 3oz so I think will be dropping it very soon. Actually, I think she'd happily go without it already.

She has always been a reluctant milk drinker so I have spoken to everyone under the sun about milk intake and all said it's not a problem for them to drop right down when on solids as long as you make sure you give plenty of other foods that contain calcium.