Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Faulty Pampers Active Fit nappies UPDATE

Replies

• Good!

I am going to do the same - we all should as it is only number of complaints that will get through to Procter & Gamble.

Oh, and get this, the vouchers P&G UK sent yesterday to cover TWO Jumbo boxes is ??9 - they are taking the biscuit.

xx

[Modified by: Suziewoo on March 27, 2010 06:56 AM]

• I mentioned to watchdog that i was in touch with lots of mums via an internet chat room who are not very happy about the nappies either, so if we all contacted them then surely something will be done about it.

For now though i will not be buying any more pampers nappies
  • I emailed WatchDog.

I bought Huggies yesterday!

Please everyone, if you are having issues too please email watchdog, Pampers should not be allowed to put a not fit for the purpose item (in my opinion) on the shelf and just carry on saying everything is fine!

There is a form to fill in at the bbc web site or you can email to watchdog@bbc.co.uk

• Yesterday I left comments complaining about how poor it was of Pampers to change Active fit and call it an improvment!

My comments have been removed - I did mention BBC Watchdog in my post.

Look at all the other complains on here (go to the bottom) http://www.pampers.co.uk/en_GB/proddetail/baby-products/active-fit-nappies/id/2/sectionid/3
  • Hi , can i clarify the problem is they have changed the design. I ask because i only just started buying active fit and first pack were fine but second pack he has had 3 leaks ( poo up back) in 3 days and he is at the bottom of the size guide but within weights by a couple of pound? I havent got any of the old ones left so if anyone could describe what the 'restyled' ones look like so i can check i would appreciqate it. thanks x
  • Hi

Yeah the whole nappy seems to have changed from the way they feel plus there is a full section of padding missing from the back of the nappy and if your lo is having leaks then its possible you have the 'new style', thats how I noticed the nappy had changed because my lo was having problems with leaks and he was wearing the right size.
  • Proctor and Gamble (who make them) say (and I quote from an email they have sent me.....)

"By moving more of the absorbent material closer to where your baby requires it most, in the core of the nappy, the new version is slimmer at the back to give your baby a more snug and comfy fit. However, although there is less padding at the back of the nappy, the absorbent gel is still present so should still offer the same absorbency and protection your baby needs.

The new product does have a liner in the nappy however it is less visible to the naked eye than the previous mesh liner you were accustomed to seeing in the Active Fit product. "

So they have taken the padding at the back out (funny how my DDs leaks were all at the back all of a sudden!) and funny how there are so many complaints and the product no longer works and is not fit for the purpose sold (in my opinion).

If you do have problems I urge you to not only contact Pampers but also email BBCWatchdog and Trading Standards. P&G are so wrong to have done this. It is their product and they can do what they like with it I guess but they have done this so under hand.:evil:
  • Has anyone noticed that there little one,s skin has been red all over were these nappies touch the skin? I bought a packet of the size 4 active fit to try as my dd has started walking but after using one her skin was really red and was sore to wipe so I went back to baby dry ones and she was fine, I thought it was maybe a one off as couldn't think it was the nappy being that different and she very rarely gets a sore bottom so tried one again and the same thing happened!
  • Im sticking to the comfort dry now but I have a big packet of the active fit ones I don't know what to do with them! I'm not using them again! I was going togive them to my friend as thought it was just they didn't agree with my dd but def not doing that now after Reading this!
    Im going to ring pampers today and complain!
  • I've just emailed Proctor and Gamble about this - I bought a pack today and found they were the new "trial" ones when I opened them. A little leaflet fell out of the pack with details of an online survey to fill in.

This is so underhand - if they are going to change the product they should let you know BEFORE you part with your cash, not afterwards. If they are going to trial a product with the public they should let us know before we buy so that we can make an informed decision about which product to purchase - and if it's a trial, maybe offer a reduced price to tempt people to give them a go - not simply go ahead and do what they like.

We used 4 of the nappies out of this pack, and I've had to change my son's outfit 3 times today, and he has been red where the nappy was.

I have emailed P&G, but will also phone them when their customer services lines reopen to try and get a refund.
  • I really think this is a matter for Trading Standards now and as I have said in my opinion they are not fit for the purpose. Apparently P&G have changed the other nappies now and have rolled out the change worldwide.

They say they have tested the redesign and so have their consumer board (!!!!!) and dont see any problems with it.

They will only offer vouchers to buy more Pampers and not refund - this is really not on.

I wonder how many of you have now emailed Watchdog and Trading Standards?

P&G have no intention of going back to the nappy that worked!

I know I keep posting but we are in the middle of a credit crunch where we as families find it harder each day financially - I cant understand why P&G have done this, it truely is outragous and I feel it is a form of theft.
  • :lol:

[Modified by: aerobubbles on April 12, 2010 12:53 PM]

• I've had a call from them too - I missed it and he left me a voicemail. So I'll give them a call when lo goes for his nap. At least someone seems to be listening to us, even if P&G aren't!

xxx
  • I thought it was just me at first, thinking maybe I left lo too long between changes. She has been wet through 3 mornings in a row and even in the day after v short time. She is also now red and sore. Not impressed!
  • Only just noticed this message, but I complained to Tesco's yesterday about there nappies and asked if they had changed - as I have a 6 month old in them and a two year old and both are having major probs with leakage! My 2 year old had his nappy on about an hour - was sat on my lap and did a wee and it poured out the bottom of nappy - waiting to hear back from them x
  • mrsclaretweeze ,~2Aries~ and Downesy please not only contact Pamers but also email watchdog@bbc.co.uk

• I emailed pampers from their website. I have had no response. Contacting watchdog and have switched to huggies ( which i dont really like but so far have had no leaks) . So unimpressed they really should have to advertise a change to a product on front so consumers can see before they buy. I know i would not have bought jumbo packs until i was happy with new ones! Argh!!!
  • I emailed Pampers from their website too - and got no response to I telephoned them. According to the woman I spoke to they had not received my email - possibly because after i submitted the email i didn't go on to join the Pampers Baby Club.

The woman I spoke to was really nice. She offered to refund my 2 packs of nappies with vouchers, but I told her politely that I didn't want vouchers as I wouldn't be using Pampers again, and she told me that she would send me a cheque for that amount instead.

I also spoke to the man from Watchdog and he advised that he would like to hear from as many people as possible that are having problems with Pampers so that they can cover it for their show.

xxx
  • I emailed Pampers through their website and received a pleasant email in reply and some vouchers through the post.