Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Since I stopped using Infacol...

Hi

I have been giving Spencer Infacol before each feed since he was 3 weeks old. However, I found myself without Infacol yesterday so fed him all day without using it and again today. He hasn't been sick half as much and he hasn't has hiccups at all.

It may just be a coincidence and tomorrow he may be back to his windy ways but he seems so much more content.

Just thought I'd share that with you all x

Replies

• how old is he now? my hv told me it isn't supposed to be for prolonged use & once they are around 10 weeks or so should be able to get their wind up much easier so it should be stopped. Thats when I stopped sonny & the same thing happened.
  • i used infacol for about 3 months til he was able to bring wind up himself. you may need to use it now and again but if he seems ok tomorrow i would stop if i were u. i still have bottle of infacol i bought and never used!
  • i used it for a couple of week (shes 6 nearly 7 weeks now) and i havent used it all this week and feeds have been going much better shes burpin on her own and hasnt been sick, i tried gripe water 4 a wile but it made things worse, now she seems 2 be better with nothing
  • my lo's had infacol since 2wks, she's now almost 6wks and has got much more windy in last couple days. Im worried about using it too much, but without it she cries so much and seems in so much pain. If he's ok without it, i would stop using it. I tried gripewater but it didn't work either. Any tips would be very helpful.
  • I stopped using Infacol about 2 weeks ago, and boy what a difference it has made, my lo seems to be able to bring her wind up so much better on her own. I wonder if they just get used to having it?!?
  • It definitely made my LO sick, to the extent we were almost wondering if she kept any down! I had heard really good things about it but different strokes for different folks I guess...
  • Infacol was great for us, but we gradually phased it out around 10 weeks. We were fine after that, so you might find that your lo just doesn't need it anymore. Oh, and just a quickie... gripe water shouldn't be used for babies under 3 months, something in it that can upset their little systems.
  • How do you know that gripe water shouldn't be used under 3months? My midwife suggested i try it, and it says on the box that you can use it from when the baby is 1month!
  • yeh, gripe water is fine from 1 month old. Similarly, dill water is even better and can be used as often as needed.
    You can make it yourself to, if you go to an asian shop and buy dill seeds, soak them overnight and then strain them through so you are left with just the water, you can then give that to your baby or alternatively, drink it yourself so it mixes with your breastmilk. This was advised to me by both my hv and pharmacist but unfortunately, in the end the only thing that worked for ethan was colief (he was a real bad colic sufferer).
  • hiya my lo wasn't really bothered with wind - he is breast fed, but sometimes he got a sore tummy depending on what i ate i suppose, i gave him gripe water (after 3 month) and i thought it was great it settled him within seconds he is now 6 month and i sometimes still give him it! it still has the desired effect which is great! (i think he likes the taste of it) lol