Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

You know you're a Mummy when...

Replies

• Options
    You recognise the signs that your LO is about to be sick and you put your hand out to catch it, wipe yourself off and clean their face, all while carrying on a conversation with someone during lunch.

AND, if you are the 'someone' who witnesses the above, you don't even bat an eyelid...
  • Options
    You know your a Mum when - you read all the replies to this thread and you smile while you are doing it , as you can relate to all of them AND it makes you well up - go on girls, admit you all did didnt you! image x
  • Options
    You know your a Mum when - you read all the replies to this thread and you smile while you are doing it , as you can relate to all of them AND it makes you well up - go on girls, admit you all did didnt you! image x

Very true!
  • Options
    You fish bogeys straight from your LO's nose with your finger nail...
  • Options
    Hayley - this made me laugh. My mum and dad have always called each other mum and dad, even when we (now grown up children) are not around. I now answer the phone to my mum saying hello granny!
  • Options
    Great thread!

You know when you're a mummy when...

1. you have to plan when to have your shower, if you don't do it as planned, you've missed your moment!
    2. you master the art of cutting your food with one hand, fork, what fork?!
    3. you no longer shop for yourself
    4. you carry a mussy everywhere, not actually tucked away in your bag, but in your hand or hangng out of your back pocket
    5. you don't bother changing your top when LO is sick on you
    6. you sing or hum the tune to LO's toys (current fav is the one on her walker!)
    7. you don't know what to talk about, the only thing even mildy interesting is baby talk
    8. you spend your life clock watching

xxx
  • Options
    You fish bogeys straight from your LO's nose with your finger nail...

... and then wipe them on your jeans if you haven't got a tissue.
  • Options
    its 6.30pm you and daddy are sitting watching 'In the night garden" whilst LO is off not getting sleepy.

You, OH and LO are all sick with flu/swine flu/virus/food poisoning, you've been to hospital and you are on a second round of anti biotics but you still drag yourself out of bed and get a whole day/week done because nobody is going to do it for you.

Baby has found the pile of laundry you forgot to put away, you are now down to starting off the day with snot on your clothes before LO even looks at you.

You employ a cleaner.
  • Options
    ha ha, so many of these replies speak to me!! esp baby sick on clothes...

I would add (happened to me yesterday):

When out and about with the pram you make stupid faces and noises to amuse your LO, to the point where people start staring at you - and you don't care image

Also - on the rare occasion you get to go out for lunch, your personal taste preferences go out the window. Instead you scan the menu looking for anything that can be eaten one handed, will still be edible once it has gone cold (as LO will inevitably require attention the moment your plate hits the table) and won't do any LO any harm when they grab some and stuff it in their mouths. Hubby of course can eat whatever he wants, for some reason.

C image
  • Options
    Oh my god, I have laughed so much! Such a great thread!!

you know your a mum when you wake up in the morning to see bagged dirty nappies on the floor, waiting to go in the outside bin, Cos at 3 am you couldn't possibly have the energy to take them outside then!
  • Options
    You eat more with your hands than with cutlery as its quicker to break lo off some that way whilst checking temperature.

Even when lo is out for the night and so you know you get a lie in in the morning your still awake at the crack of dawn, waiting for them to wake up.

No matter how early they decide to wake the sight of them grinning at you from their cot means that you find energy you didn't know you had in order to smile and play with them.

Making monkey noises and playing peek a boo on the bus as it generates belly laughs doesn't seem like a strange thing to do and you don't care how many people stare.

You become a pro at putting a nappy on with 1 hand as the other is spent either pinning down the wriggling rolling octopus like creature in front of you or moving the sudocrem/babywipes from their reach.

Your food budget increases as they may not eat much yet and most of what they do attempt to eat is either all over you, the floor, their highchair or themselves but you want them to try as many new and healthy things as possible.

The amount of poos they have done that day becomes part of your over dinner talk with oh

xxx
  • Options
    The amount of poos they have done that day becomes part of your over dinner talk with oh

:lol:

So true! I never knew I could have such long and detailed conversations about poo!
  • Options
    You feel an overwhelming need to blow raspberries on any exposed part of LO's flesh. You just can't help yourself.
  • Options
    if you are bf, you answer the door with your boob hanging out because you forgot to put it away while burping lo

You also walk around the supermarket and think 'oh it must be time to feed lo as boob feels full' - while prodding the boob to check!

you spend far too much money on clothes that are too cute to resist - your lo has a better wardrobe than you!!

Lx
  • Options
    you decipher every noise your lo makes as a word and you know exactly what most cries etc mean image x
  • Options
    Fab thread, g/c from toddler but................

...............you rock the trolley in the supermarket back and forth as though it were a pram to keep lo quiet. Then realise that lo is at home with daddy-oooops!!

The best one that I did recently was go on a girlie night out to our nearest city and whilst walking to a bar with my friend I spotted some ducks by the canal and, unthinkingly said to her, 'oh look at the little duckies, what do duckies say?!' Thankfully she's got 3 kiddies so didn't think I was too loopy!!
    Xx
  • Options
    your OH starts calling you 'churchill the nodding dog' when u cant keep ur eyes open and ur head is bobbing about because ur so tired ur falling asleep sitting up! x
  • Options
    You'll change LO's dirty nappy absolutely anywhere and not care who sees the poo!

I would have been horrified before seeing someone doing this now I do it myself! x
  • Options
    that last one about poo is so true, even with toddlers it doesn't change! I got ds potty out of my shopping bag and he had a poo in the supermarket carpark the other day!!
    He's just potty trained.....so what am I do?? I didn't care and neither did he!!! he couldn't wait!!
    although walking into tescos toilets with a poo in potty was a bit bizarre!!!
  • Options
    You can't remember what you used to talk about to friends and family that wasn't baby/pregnancy related before you had children...

Your washing machine has never worked so hard

Instead of doing housework when lo is asleep you come on here!