Forum home Babies Baby

soap land babies

:cry:why oh why are they killing off all the soap land babies????
it makes me really sad i know they need to portray real life but its getting rediculous now.any one else feeling sad with memories of lost babies dragged to the surface by the powers that be in soap land?
i misscarried twins and they would have been 1 on the 22nd if they had lived and i love my beautiful baby girl but al these sad stories are making me sad:cry:
fea x

Replies

• Oh fea I'm really sorry to hear you lost twins :cry:

These storylines are really upsetting aren't they? I know they try to portray all aspects of real life but when it comes to sensitive subjects like this, I think most people would rather not be put through it especially as we like to watch the soaps for some light relief!!
  • I did find it upsetting as I had mmc in 2006 but at the same time I can see some benefits of these things being on telly as it raises awareness and could get someone get checked out sooner and maybe help in some way or just provide them with the contact for support.
    Must admit if soaps are meant to portray real life someone should tell them that some people do have happy outcomes.
  • Really sorry about the loss of you twins fea image

I put a similar post up last night, it really does my head in! My friends baby was still born last August and although she's still not 100%, i'm sure this is going to drag everything back up again and back to square 1!

Like sillymoo says someone should tell them about happy outcomes!

xxx

• my best friends baby was still born she lost her at 39 weeks i even went to hospital to see her after she gave birth and i held her beautifull little girl. i cried all the way through coro last night cos i remembered what she had been through so i cant imagine what she was feelin xxx
  • I think its soo sad, not only are they killing the babies off but then they have to add extra complications into the story line like poor maria going through labour etc on her own coz shes too scared to tell liam or ashely and laurels baby not really being theirs. I know its only a soap but the story with maria hit me hard because we lost a little girl at 16 weeks and i had to give birth to her and that was 5 years ago Saturday, like fea i am lucky to have had healthy children since then but it still brings it all flooding back, especially when they did the scan and found no heart beat. Why can nothing happy ever happen in the soaps???