Forum home Babies Baby

baby bedding / crib sets? where to buy?

hello everyone,

sorry i am from the pregnancy section but i thought you ladies would be able to help me more. i am looking for a crib set for my little girl. i have looked at babies r us but they are all out of stock online. i would like a really pretty pink set and mothercare have none like that. and i do not think mamas and papas do crib sets. so have i missed any other shops or websites? any advice welcome!

i hope you and all your little ones are well.
xxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• i bought loads of crib/cot sets and really regret it cuz the HV made me take the bumpers off cuz they're a suffocation hazzard and when they're tiny u dont use the duvet-type covers so all i've used is the sheets, i got some lovely crib sets from mothercare but obv you've tried there already so maybe they dont have much in at the moment...might be better just to get some sheets and blankets/sleeping bags for now? btw don't buy mothercares seperate sheets cuz i cant get them to fit anything, the sheets in the bedding sets are fine tho, weird!! x
  • yeah i knew about the bumpers thanks and was not going to use that. but thanks for the tip about the mothercare sheets, i will not buy them. so in the crib i should just use sheets to begin with, and not the duvet cover that comes in the set? i looked at mothercare but they have no pretty pink ones at the moment. i will keep checking though. xxx
  • I swaddled Barney when he was tiny so all we had in the crib was just a sheet on the bottom. Had a quick google though and Wilkinsons have a pink OBaby crib set.
    xx
  • the only place i found decent sheets was in a local in dependant baby shop which obv isnt much help to you! if u just get sheets and then buy cellular blankets for when shes tiny and then a few sleeping bags for when shes a bit bigger that'll be fine hun! x
  • thanks Bedhead i will have a look.

thats good then mrsjbourne as i have a few cellular blankets and 2 sleeping bags so i will just use those. your little one looks so cute in that pic! xxx
  • thanks hun, he's an amazing little guy, makes me laugh so much - he has a 'thing' about sucking noses and then laughing, so funny!! we're just about to put our crib up in the loft cuz he's just too big for it now, gutted, it's a lovely little crib and he was only in it properly for 12 weeks cuz he's a little fatty hehe - just wished we hadn't spent soooo much money on crib sets! lol x
  • aww your little boy sounds so funny, i bet you are so proud. i will think now about getting a crib set, maybe just the one. if you are not keeping your crib sets incase you have another little one you could always sell them on ebay to get some money back. xxx
  • yeah i'll probably think about selling all the blue ones and keep the yellow/neutral ones...i could have passed them on to friends but everyone i know has had/is having a girl so blue isnt much good to them lol! we had 1 set which we put on the crib for show before JJ was even born lol i was so proud of it hehe! x

http://photos-h.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v290/128/8/516184952/n516184952_264359_5297.jpg

• aww it look so cute! how can they sell the bumpers in new baby sets if they are dangerous? is it the age of 1 and over when you can have a bumper? i am not sure if i will ever feel safe using a bumper, but they come in all the sets. but they do look really nice on for show! xxx
  • i have no idea, thats what i said to the HV but i suppose if people keep buying them they're gunna keep selling them! i think it's once they start wriggling and banging themselves on the cot its time to use one x
  • Hiya, i got Harry's on Ebay. It was second hand but perfect condition but i know there were new ones too. Also, Argos is good, and Asda Direct. Deffo on the asda. Xx
  • HI hun i had this last year i wont a pink bedding set and sold at toy are use the new catalog with new bedding sets with by end February you try ebay or ring them find when the new set in store hope you have look
  • Have you tried looking in Next? I haven't checked, but I know they do some nursery bedding.
  • whalemummy i had not thought of asda so i will definitely have a look thanks.

cazmac i had no idea when the new book was out so i will look forward to that at the end of february.

thanks blueladybird i have just tried next.

hi tallkatie at what age did you start using cot bumpers? i guess i am just scared because of all the risks they say are associated with them, but is that more for younger babies?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Hi Firsttimer!
    Hope you dont mind me gatecrashing! But just wanted to say Big Congrats on your little girl!
    Have you been having a lot of fun buying pink things? Have you thought of a name yet too?
    Good luck with getting the bedding you want too! xx
  • aww thanks freddiemum that is so nice. hope you are ok? yes we have bought lots of pink things!! actually just ordered our mamas and papas moses basket today as the sale ends tonight, we got ??30 off! so was quite happy. i think she is going to be called annabelle. xxx
  • Hello again!
    Annabelle is such a sweet name and really girly too! I think its so much easier to think of girls names too because there are so many pretty names to choose from!
    I remember youve got the 20 week scan too soon havent you? Well good luck with that too, youl be amazed at how much your LO has grown!
    Heidi xx
  • I've bought some stuff off an ebay shop called cozy tots - cole has sleeping bags so mostly just bottom sheets I've bought but she'll custom make stuff to your measurements.

As for bumpers... cole has 2 and has had since he was about 8 months old! He had 1 always and when he kept waking himself up bashing his head I got another. He's 1 now and still needs it - fortunately he hasn't tried to climb out

I'd never heard of not using bumpers before until someone mentioned it on here - I can see why people would be concerned about cot death from them etc, but tbh cole wasn't rolling around in bed (other than on his side) until he was over 6 months anyway so all he did was stretch out to touch the teddy and the flags on his bumper and that was it - I personally never felt that he was at risk. Now he sleeps sometimes with his face jammed up against it and it looks horribly uncomfy! My hv has never mentioned cot bumpers to me.. mind you I try not to talk to her cause she annoys me at the best of times..never mind if she thinks she can tell me what to do lol.

Have a look in asda - they have their baby event on again next week and last time they had some nice bedding sets with duvets fairly cheaply - thought about buying one but as we already had 2 bumpers and aren't planning on taking cole out of sleeping bags for another year it wasn't worth buying it.
  • hi freddiemum yes our 20 week scan is on tuesday, so really not long to wait now. i am both excited and scared at the same time!! fingers crossed all is ok.

thanks kia for your advice, i will definitely have a look in asda.

xxxxxxx