Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

stroller/travel system/pushchair???

I'm thinking of selling my travel system and getting a lightweight stroller, but wanted some advice first. My son is just over 4 months and is almost sitting unaided although he is very small (2nd centile). Would he be able to use a stroller that says from 6 months now do you think? I bought a travel system so i could use the car seat on the base unit but i'm too weak to lift my son in the car seat, so never use it like that. I also find the pushchair really heavy to take out of the boot and it's hurting my back badly. Has anyone else switched to a stroller so soon and do you think I'll regret selling the travel system?
Thanks!

Replies

• hi. with regards to the stroller i would get one that is from at least 3 months of age as baby will still need to lie down at certain times. i never got rid of my travel system and i am gald as i went on to have 3 more babies and it really came in use. but everyones personal circumstances are different, you need to get something that is light weight and smaller - have you thought about getting a mcclaren techno or something similar . these lay flat and are lighter than a bigger pushchair. hope this helps,xx
  • I think if your son is quite strong as you say, then get a stroller. There are many on market that are smaller and lightweight as you say and still allow baby to go down flat. My daughter is 5 months old and we have both a travel system and a stroller. She was sitting up in the pushchair part of the travel system at 4 months and i just lay her down when she was tired. I don't think it does any harm as long as it can go flat or nearly flat. E.G. Mamas and papas luna, or pulse (which i have) loads in mothercare have strollers with that specification. Don't but something like Quinney Zapp because i think they look really uncomfortable in it and can't sit back!! Hope this helps xxx
  • We've got a Chicco stroller from toysrus that was around ??100 including raincover and cosytoes! It lies flat, is quite light and is lovely to steer. Comes in pink and blue! xx