Forum home Babies Baby

Gripe water, how do you give it to your baby ?

Hi, Archie will be 5wks on Sunday and he's been suffering from trapped wind. We got some gripe water last night and I just wondered what the best way to give it to him is.. The instructions say during or after his feed. Do you put it in his bottle ? I wasn't sure so I used s syringe and put a wee bit in his mouth each time we stopped to burp him. Problem is he's got reflux and I think becuase the gripe water makes it easier for him to burp more sick comes up. Aaargh, can't win. S x

Replies

• Hiya hun,

I think the box says from 1 month up so you will be okimage

I tried Amber on it for the first time at 7weeks straight after a feed and she sicked everywhere so now I give it to her when she is all kicky pants like she is trying to poo, then she trumps it all out and sleeps bless her.

I also do not give her a full teaspoon half is plenty xx
  • try infacol instead - comes with dropper -much easier (and a lovely orangey flavour)
  • It didn't really work for Barney, he seemed to prefer Infacol, but we used to give it to Millie before every feed. She quite liked it and used to drink it quite happily off a spoon. Her dad was much better at giving it to her than me though! Don't know if it is true but someone told me that gripe water helps them bring the wind UP and Infacol helps bring the wind out the other end. Certainly seemed true for us, Barney used to fart like a trooper!!!
  • With all of mine I've added it to their milk.
  • I use the dropper from Infacol  image  that way its only 1/5 of the dose and it can be spread out x