Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Working mums, how do you keep it together?

2»

Replies

• Your def not alone!! I work full time as a software developer. I can occasionally work from home so tend to try get the weeks cooking done then. However at the moment I havent been able to do that so end up cooking all evening! I also do on call a week at a time where I could get called anytime day or night. Its hard when I do get called cause its normally weekend and its time away from my LO.

My OH doesnt seem to see the mess or just moans about! I try and keep on top of things but its the kitchen that always gets me down. I feel like Im tied to it! I do all the cooking and until recently alot of the tidying. I told my oh that it was unfair so he is now having to keep the kitchen tidy and he is going to cook a meal every couple of weeks. image

I wont say it gets easier because for me it hasn't! However I do think you kind of get used to it. I still have meltdowns at times but when that happens I try get out the house image This full working full time thing sucks. Im hoping one day we will ttc no 2 then I could only work part time image

xx
  • You just manage it. I work full time and I went back when lo was 7 months The secret is organisation. I iron and make lunches the night before (I just iron our outfits for the next day as I'm not a pile of ironing person). We have a slow cooker so often put dinner in there before I leave the house. It wonderful in winter to get in to a lovely warm meal. I have a quick ten minute tidy before bed. Saturday morning I do a full tidy. Lo
    is 21 months and she helps me. We make it fun and she follows me
    round with her rubber gloves, duster and mini stain. It feels less like a chore and more of a game that way.

I would love a cleaner but tbh would end up cleaning more from embarrassment! I don't feel like I miss out on quality time with my lo although can't deny I would prefer less hours. We make the most of the time we have together. We try to find lots of things (pref free) to do as a family.