Forum home Babies Baby

Newborn not sleeping at night - please help!

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and have joined in the hope I can get some advice. I too am having difficulty settling my son into his night time sleep. In the first few days of him being born, he would awake every couple of hours....this I could cope wih however he is now 12 days old and last night he would not settle until 5am (putting him to bed at 10.30). We changed his nappy and fed him a few times but every time we would try and put him in his moses basket, not long after he would start crying. We didn't want to but ended up putting him in our bed and he slept through for 3 hours until about 8am this morning. He is now sound asleep in his moses basket in the living room.

He sleeps like an angel during the day......I'm wondering whether we are stimulating him enough during the day - is this why he won't sleep at night. Last night has been the worst night so far, previous nights we have managed to settle him at 3am. Please help - I had a traumatic birth - got pre-eclampsia and am anaemic. My and my husband's sleep is totally deprived and I don't know what I need to do to try and settle him. Thank-you x