Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sickness & Cravings

Hi everyone!

When I got pregnant, I was expecting weird cravings but not to find weird things making me feel sick, too! What things did you crave? And what made you sick?

I craved popcorn, popcorn, popcorn!! Doing OH's head in!!

And things that made me feel sick - fish and the smell of black bin bags!! Didn't help when OH said he's cook a nice healthy meal for me and little bump, and he came out with a plate of FISH!! Oily trout with the head and eyes and everything and yes, I was very sick!! image

Replies

• Options
    Everything made me sick!
    I did crave fanta, it was the only thing I could keep down through most of the pregnancy and we bought it by the crate load!
  • Options
    I didn't have any cravings at all which was odd, but I did find that a toasted teacake in the mornings helped with the sicky feeling, and I did go through a stage of drinking tons of orangina until I suddently couldn't face it any more. Very boring really!

Not surprised you were sick witht he fish! I think I would have been too
  • Options
    I was sick until around 20wks, i went off tea my whole pregnancy....i love tea! That was the only thing that made me feel sick.

I craved strawberry milkshake and milk! I also craved citrus fruit smell, i had to go out & buy lots of sented oils & candles in mandarine, mango, orange etc!

xxx
  • Options
    Early on I craved Fruit and then later it was ice of any kind. Cube or lollies. I had horrible sickness from about wk 7 until wk 20 and lots of things made me sick, such as shopping, butchers shop, the fridge and preparing some food. I remember preparing some salmon with a scarf round my face - didn't work I was still sick!! Really went off fish and not really fancied it since, and lo is now 6 months old. I can only have it 'hidden' in pies etc.