Forum home Babies Baby

Night working partner?

I don't want to get into as rant about my OH. I know he wouldn't appreciate it, and I don't want to make him sound bad, because I'd only be highlighting the negatives. But I do want to see if it's just him, or if any of your OH's are similar... My OH works permanent nights, he feels on his days off it's hard to switch back to sleeping at night. He also feels his days off are to relax, sometimes with us, sometimes not. I feel I end up nagging him all the time, because 1)He didn't get out of bed when he said, 2)He cancels plans last minute, as he's too tired from staying up all night, 3)He doesn't help out with lo as much as I'd like, 4)He doesn't help out around the house/garden as much as I'd like, or when he says he will. Don't get me wrong, this isn't all the time. But I don't think I'm being unreasonable. With set days off, and 7 years of nights, I just think he should be used to it now. Plus we have a family, he needs to make more of an effort. But I can't get through to him, and it's the same arguements/discussions all the time. Is it just my OH, or is it night workers in general?? I can't and don't want to do it all on my own, and I'd like to spend more time as a family. Thanks. xx