Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Exhausted!

For the past few weeks my LO (12 weeks) has been waking up constantly in the night.
She was perfectly fine before, she would have a feed at 6:30PM then bed at 7PM then sleep right until 6:30AM. But now she wakes around every half an hour... Not straight away, last night it started at 1AM. My OH doesn't help that much because he's a heavy sleeper, so he usually just sleeps through the crying.
I've tried feeding her when she wakes and changing her nappy AND burping her, but all of these things do nothing. When I go into her room when she's woken me up from crying she usually looks asleep (I can't see properly because I NEVER turn the light on), so I just give her her dummy and she's back asleep for half an hour.
I've tried waiting it out thinking it was just a faze, but it's been going on for far too long now!
Any suggestions?
xxx

Replies

• I was going to suggest it could be a growth spurt (at 12 wks) but you say it's been going on for a few weeks now. (Growth spurts are usually 4-6 weeks, 12 weeks, 16 weeks, 6 months and 9 months).
    My son became unsettled around this time but we moved country so that was a big factor for us. Not much help to you. But one thing Ive learnt in the last 10 months is that nothing lasts forever (although sometimes it feels like it may!!) So do ride it out, it most likely is just a phase, one of many.
    If either you or your OH were early teethers it could be that she is experiencing some movement in the night (when the pain if felt more) and this could be waking her.
  • Is she waking up because her dummy falls out and she wants it popped back in? Adam started doing this at around 4 months and we finally weaned him off the dummy at 5.5 months x
  • I'm pretty sure it's not the dummy thing, because sometimes she cries when she still has the dummy in her mouth, if you see what I mean?
    I didn't start teething until 8 months, and my OH doesn't know when he did (Eye roll), so I don't think it would be teething...
    Do you think I should maybe put some teething gel on her gums before bed or something?
    xxx
    Thanks for the suggestions by the way.