Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

milk containers and bottles

Hi there, can anyone tell me whether you need to get milk storage pots that are specifically for whatever bottles you are using? I had a look on the boots web site and they have tommee tippee containers, and it says they fix to tommee tippee bottles. My thinking is i have already bought a medala swing breast pump, do i need medala containers and therefore medala bottles?

Thanks very much
xxx

Replies

• If you have to attach a bottle to the pump, I would guess the same brand is the only one that will attach. Companies are sneaky like that! xx
  • I had a Medela pump and the only bottles that would fit were the Medela ones. I used to then empty the Medela bottle into an Avent bottle to put it in the fridge. Then it was ready for feeding. That meant I only needed a couple of Medela bottles as I'd empty them and sterilise them after each expressing session
  • I have the tommee tipper breast pump and use the dr brown bottles and have to sttach the tommee tipper bottles to the pump. So I store the milk in TT bottles and pour into the DB bottles as and when Corey needs feeding. I'm assuming it will be the same with your medela breast pump.

xx