Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Not baby related but-Claim to fame

Replies

• My best one ever is getting backstage (well in the band tent) after going to see The Sawdoctors at a festival somewhere down south for my friends hen do. Convinced her we should go dressed up as we might get noticed then after the gig when we were lurking round the back of the stage tent one of the girls got talking to Padraig Stevens who let us all in to the band tent! Totally made my mates hen do as they are her favourite band!

As for live things - let me see.. I've seen The wildhearts, Enuff z Nuff (yeah baby..showing those early 90's glam roots! lol!), The Sawdoctors, Showaddywaddy (blame my parents..its scarred me for life!), The Levellers & 3Colours Red at a festival. Then there was The who, alannis morrisette, Eric clapton & bob dylan at a festival, ummmm.. .I'm sure there are more but I can't remember!!

I've met terry pratchett - he's friends with a guy who runs a book store near here and he gets terry in for sigining sometimes - i have a few of his signed books.

Also seen Mike Harding who is very funny but not sure if anyone has ever heard of him!

Also - according to my grandma, it was a great great great great many times grandparent of mine who wrote gullivers travels -no idea how true that is though!

Oh and my dad always claims to have got a lift off eric clapton who was asking him for directions to Lancaster Uni when they had decent bands on there many years ago but my dad may have been stoned or drunk so i'm never quite sure if he's winding me up on that one!

the stig though.. I am highly jealous!!
  • we went to see lee evans last month also hes fantastic,we have all his dvds

my hubby met the queen when in the army,he has met a few celebs also
  • ooo cool Joey08 my username is cuz in my head i'm married to James Bourne who was in Busted :lol: McFly are awesome, i met them and then went home on the bus crying my eyes out cuz i didn't ask Danny for a kiss :lol:

[Modified by: mrsjbourne on November 13, 2008 02:02 PM]

• Dare I confess to .....getting autographs from Bad boys inc......they opened up top shop in Redhill!!!

I touched Fran Healy's hand at the end of av festival. (Lead singer of Travis.)

And, I met the guy you wrote Rainbow - Denis Bond!!!! And Paul Geraghty - another children's author. I have signed books by them both.
  • beat this everyone...i saw THE TWEENIES live :lol: oh how embarassing!! x
  • I got a book signed by Terry Pratchett too - for my brother. My ex used to go to school with Orlando Bloom - dont know if he ever met him though??!!
  • my sister met that young lad who won Britains Got Talent...omg whats his name??!?! she went to the tour and then stalked him back to his hotel :lol: x
  • george sampson!
  • yes!! thats him...she's 13 and completely obsessed :lol: x
  • gemh85 i dnt blame them for hating the press,but comes with the job i suppose,i'd prefer harry tho,he seems much more fun lol
  • hubby has a signed photo of lucy pinda(i think thats her name) pg3 model from when she went to iraq to meet the boyz,there were another few,scantly clad ladies but i dnt really tend 2 remember pg3 models names lol
  • yeah but they dnt think about that eh,dnt think they realise who elses lifes they put in danger not to mention the prince!!!

i love to go on a night out with harry,he can leave his bird at home i dnt think she looks that fun lol
  • If anyone remembers Hi-de-hi then i used to be an extra in that when i was at Primary School (cos it was filmed in my home town)!! Also i used to work in a nightclub and they used to have guest celebs (term used loosely) such as Fran Healy, Vengaboys, Coolio, Taio Cruz and Roy Walker!! And i once went to a Man U match and sat metres away from Ulrika Jonsson, Angus Deayton and Victor Meldrew!! Later on at a dinner i met Errol Brown and Bobby Charlton!!
  • Seriuosly whe I was thinking about this in the shower I did not expect such a brilliant list!
    My step Mum was an extra in all the 'older' St Trinians movies and was realated to that bloke from Terry and June and Carry On movies-what's his name?
  • is it sad i still love the vengaboys music,when i hear it i just want to dance,maybe reminds me of underage disco lol
  • ooo that reminds me, i used to look after a woman who had something to do with the show 'Last Of The Summer Wine'...i don't quite know what but she had loads of pics of her with the cast and she used to mumble random things to me about the show (she was very poorly and didn't make much sense)...such a lovely woman x
  • I've been on tv...does that count??! Lol
  • Ooo i forgot to say Embarassing Illnesses were filming in Liverpool about feet about 2 weeks ago and i met that Dr Pixie, i actually wished i had something wrong with my feet so i could be on tv lol! x
  • Richard Hammond is ver short in real life, didn't meet him but saw an episode of 'petrol heads' being filmed.
  • i once met sphie eliis bexter at my dads work mates house simon grooms(blue peter) 50th birthday party, i bumped into her and said sorry and she gave me the most filthist look so i called her a stuck up bitch, i was only about 14! it was just has her first song came out.

i also met fran hargreaves i think thats his name, who used to be married to nathasha from atomic kitten, i met him at a club.

cant think of anyone eles....