Forum home Babies Baby

potty training

i was just wandering when is a good time to start this. my lo is 10 months old. i was going to start round about her birthday but is this to early. i dont really want to force it onto her if she is to young.

Replies

• "Most parents find their child is physically and emotionally ready to start potty training by the age of about two to two and a half -- with boys usually a bit later than girls." The above is from the baby centre website.
  • its up to you being the parent of course but it is alot easier to potty train when your lo can speak and tell you when the need toilet i work in a nursery and you find most children are ready around 2 yrs and at this age they are alot more switched on and tend to be dry with in a week or so hope this helps but again totally your choice x x x
  • We started, tentatively, when our girls were 14 months and 2 yrs. The older one actually waited until her sister was ready so they were both dry, nite and day, at the same time, by bout 3 months l8r! My little boy is 3 end of November and we only started with him at 2 1/2 yrs....he suddenly got the hang of it bout 2 weeks ago and is day and nite dry, all by himself!!

Just take it easy, start introducing the potty anyway so she gets used to it being around etc. My eldest loved sitting on it at about 1 yr, did do a few wees at various times but wasn't ready til l8r.
  • i was thinking about that. maybe not actually start the training but to introduce the potty. thanx