Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Yay!

Hi there

Last night Poppy was fast asleep when we were going to bed at 10.30 so I decided not to give her her dream feed as normal. It was her 2nd day of having 3 solid meals so I knew she should have enough food inside her to stop her being hungry and she slept through!! She did wake at about 5am but only cos she had twisted round in her cot and had her head wedged against the bars at the side!! I just spun her back round, gave her her dummy and put on her projector and mobile. She was asleep within 5 mins and woke properly at 7.10 this morning!
I had been dreading getting rid of the dream feed because with it she has slept through since she was 11 weeks old and to be honest, neither of us goes to bed before 10.30 anyway so it was never a hardship to feed her. I just don't want the constant waking in the night again!
I've got my fingers crossed it wasn't a fluke last night and that she carries on like this from now on!
Just had to share it!
xx

Replies

• Thanks Ivana! I don't know how you cope with getting up in the night still - I've got so used to her sleeping from 7.30 till 11pm then till 7.30 I don't know how I'd cope if she started getting up again in the middle of the night.
    I remember when they were both real babies we had nightmares getting them to sleep!!
    xx
  • Well done poppy so glad she has cut out her dreamfeed. I dont think it would be a fluke as as you say she has plenty of food she should get a full nights sleep. When macey first started doing this i still woke at 3am to see if she was ready for her feed but now i dont even think about waking up till about 7am!! Hope she does the same tonight x
  • Well done Poppy. Hope this continues for you Donna

Hilary x