Forum home Babies Baby

Is it going to snow?

I'm so excited!!!!!
But is it really really going to snow? We live in North Wales, and at the moment it's piddling down and very windy but the BBC weather report online says it's going to snow tomorrow, and Saturday and Sunday :lol:
I know I'm 27 and should get a grip and do the ironing or something but I love snow......can someone else please join in with the excitement? lol xxx

Replies

• sorry no can do i HATE the snow...actually no i liek the snow it looks really prewtty but i hate the after ice and slush! Apparently the worst affected is the north and west with upto 20cm! Glad im in the east hopefully wont be affected as much or better...not at all x
  • Hi there, can tell you it is snowing already in the Scottish borders!!!
  • Glad I dont live there lol
  • Oooh! Lucky you! We're coming up to Scotland at the beginning of March for my OH's 40th...wish it was today now image x
  • im on the coast in dorset, and every time theres a chance of snow we get all excited, mainly hubby planning to take a day of work to play, but it never comes. i do agree its really cold and we would probably only get a bit of manky sludge but i would love for my toddler to play in it.
  • I woke up to slushy snow this morning in Burnley, oh and gale force winds so not nice at all!
    I do normally love snow but proper stuff you can sledge on, not this wet mush! I get as excited as my 5 year old! Hope the batch forecast is good then hubby can't get into work but that's so wishful thinking!
  • I absolutely love the snow but it never settles, on the rare occasions it does settle i like getting out there with my 11yr old and behaving like a child, my eldest (16yrs old) also likes it but has to wrap up extra warm and be really careful as she has raynuards disease, for her i feel sorry cos she hasnt been able to let loose in the snow since she was 12
  • we have gale force winds and frozen snow here today - forecast for us is snow and snow and snow and freezing temperatures and gale force winds till next wednesday now, with no let up.
    great.

i usually love the snow but not sure how i'llcope with the pram out in it, and the fact that its supposed to feel like -10 for the next few days thanks to the gale force winds.....

ah well, good job weve got a nice fire to warm up i front of image

xxxx
  • well im in suffolk and we have strong winds here and have just had a heavy hail storm which lasted about 5 mins now its just raining i watched weather forecast and we r ment to have snow tomorrow but i reckon as normal we wont get it every where else will its so not fair i love the snow so do kids
  • I'm in West Oxfordshire and its gone sunny now! Still bloomin' freezing and blowing a gale.
    Supposed to be going to a christening tomorrow, hmmm can I wear snowboots in church? LOL
  • i'm in the north but no snow as yet, its forcassed tho so am hoping we get a little. i normally dont like the snow but my 2 year old is all exited to get out on her sledge for the very first time at the weekend & to build a Snowman!!
  • Its trying its best to snow over here in N.Ireland. We've had a couple of sleety snow showers since lunchtime but the sun keeps coming out in between though it did lie on my decking for a while.

I get excited too when it snows & I suppose at 28 I should have more sense!!!!

Hopefully it wont come on too bad til tonight til hubby gets home coz I dont want him snowed out!!!

Hilary x
  • fluff 1980 - i'll join in your excitement!! i want some snow!! ive just moved from north wales down to south wales but i spoke to my mum earlier and she was all excited for the snow that is supposed to arrive there!!!
  • It's still raining here....boo....
    Going to dig the sledge out of my Mum's garage tonight, just in case image
    Thanks to everyone who's joined in!! xx
  • A sledge sounds fun. The last time the snow was here I went out & helped some of the kids beside us build a snowman ( my 2 are still too small!!!)

Hilary x
  • boo hoo - i dont think it would be wise for me to jump on a sledge 35 weeks pregnant!!! i will just have to watch everyone else have the fun!!
  • Poor you. I was 35 weeks pregnant at my daughters 2nd birthday party & we took her & her friends to an indoor adventure playground & all I could do was watch. It wasnt fair coz all the other mums & dads got to 'play'

Hilary x
  • Never mind.....I might not make it on to the sledge anyway....there's always snowman building....and snowball fights, obviously you have an advantage because it's illegal to throw a snowball at a pregnant lady (or it should be)!!! xx
  • oooo its justed started to snow down here ladies!!!! yey!!! x
  • It's been on and off here all day - have you ever seen horizontal snow?! It's mad! Managed to dodge it when I bought new clothes in town...1st nt out since lo arrived 7 1/2 wk ago and now I'm panicking about the snow coming and staying!