Forum home Babies Baby

what did you spend your HIP grant on.....

2»

Replies

• Yep, towards the nursery furniture too x
  • I used it buy a birth pool in a box. Also bought new bedding.

Cat xxx
  • Ours went towards nursery furniture.
  • Ours paid for Grace's crib, drapes and bedding and the remainder would have been swallowed up by other baby purchases!

Em x
  • Ours paid some of the credit card off!!!
  • shopping spree in Ikea for us!
  • Ours was spent on some fancy bits from the M&P Hodge Podge range for the nursery x
  • 4D scan too as eat healthy x
  • Well it was going to go towards something for Sophie, but then I scratched someone else's car in the Tesco's car park and used it to repair that instead. At least I had bought some healthy food whilst I was there.

If they really want to encourage people to eat healthy why not give people ??190 in vouchers that can be spent on fruit and veg and other healthy foods, rather than giving people the cash.
  • Erm yeah mine certainly didnt go on fruit but i had a good time spending it on baby clothes in the mothercare sale!
    It went towards nursery decoration too. image
  • Not spent it yet and LO is 1 month old. Probably use it to buy a blender when we start weening and some more toys!
  • Ours just went into the account and got swallowed up by dayto-day expenses, nice to have but def one of the things that could be cut to save money (IMO) - in fact, maybe it already has been cut! x
  • I havent spent it yet, it went into my bank a couple of weeks ago but I dont know what to spend it on. I think it will end up going on last minute baby things like cotbed sheets and baby milk, if I cant breastfeed, although I am praying that I can! x
  • Ours went towards a nice cotbed. We already eat healthily anyway. I agree with Mrs Bear, that if the govt want to promote healthy eating, the best way to do this is with shopping vouchers that can only be used on healthy food.
  • we used ours for a 4d scan as this is our first and last baby and we wanted the scan as something special since our NHS ones were atrocious and you can't even see a baby shape on any of them!

the money that was left went towards the money my nana had gave me to buy my pram. i'd picked one and she wanted to pay for it as she didn't know what to get but then i changed my mind and got one that was a hundred pounds more, oopsies, so the rest of my grant paid that lol
  • not many on food then? hehe