Forum home Babies Baby

PCOS and ttc for second - take as long?

I am getting married in October and we have decided to TTC for our second after that....I have PCOS and I was fortunate enough that it only took 7 months of trying (although it felt like a lifetime at the time)....

When I was having my scans I was told that my cysts had shrunk....I have no idea what they are like now though. I was wondering if you fell quicker/longer with your second with PCOS?

Thanks

K x

Replies

• Hi akaladyK
    I also have PCOS, my lo is 7 months, it took us 2 years to concieve DS and Clomid in the end. I am having an op on my leg next week but as soon as its over with we shall be properly ttc again #2!! I'll let you know the answer when i fall!! Hopefully it wont be in 2 yrs time this time!! lol
    Be interested to hear if anyone else has any experience tho!
    Sx
  • Ooooh slow how exciting, we were in ttc last time together hehe.....only 4 months for me until we do and I am getting excited xxx
  • G/c again !

I dont have PCOS (although it took my 18 months the first time) but my friend does.. she took 20 months with her first daughter but fell after only 2 months with her second baby!

Good luck xx
  • Do you ov regularly hun? If you ov then it shouldn't really take any longer than someone without PCOS should it? The egg is there so it just depends on timing, swimmers, womb lining etc I think the reason it can take longer with PCOS is if you have long cycles or don't ov at all.

My twin sis has PCOS and doesn't ov herself so she took Metformin and conceived first cycle both times.

I am convinced I have PCOS too but my tests all came back normal. However I very rarely ov myself and would only have like 2 af's a year before I went on the pill and after pestering gynae as I was temp charting, doing opk's etc for months and not oving I got given Clomid and conceived first cycle. I think SLOW conceived 2nd cycle. If you have an official PCOS diagnosis and don't ov regularly yourself they might be willing to help you?

SLOW - Are you going to take Clomid again or see how it goes to start with? I have 2 months supply left which doesn't expire for ages but am really reluctant to take it unless totally essential as I am terrified of ending up with twins!!!

• Hi Baby B, well i actually got my first natural AF about 2 weeks ago so we are BDing this morning with no clomid and see what happens as i have my op next week so didnt particulary wanna get PReg before that!! I am using my persona monitor tho to see if i ov or not. Once my leg is done then next month i will probs use the clomid i have left in my cupboard. My doc told me i could. Obviously if af doesnt come again then i;ll go get some provera as doc said. If i ov naturally this month tho i may just give it a few months and see what happens before doing the drug route!
    Sx
  • Yes I do OV but the problem I have is my eggs dont always go down the tube but stick to the ovary and thus causing the cysts. I had a extremely painful episode of pelvic immflammatory disease where one of the cysts was bleeding and I was in hospital for 2 weeks, this caused my fallopian tubes to fur slightly thats why we were advised to think about ttc with LO.

xxx

• I have PCOS. It took 4 1/2 years to concieve ds1.We then didn't use contraception at all saying we wanted to do everything we could. I got my AF back when ds1 was 8months old and with 3mmc during time ttc (other issues) I conceived ds2 18months later so a lot less time for me. He was born before ds1 was 3. I was on Metformin and clomid to make sure i ov''ed and aspirin to thin my blood to help prevent me mmc again. My consultant said sometimes pg can help kickstart body but not always.
  • hi. im 22 years old and had a baby after 5 years with my bf and have always had unprotected sex. i have never  been on any meds since i had in mind that i would get pregnant on my own when the time was right. iknew i had pcos since i was 14 so didnt think id get pregnant.  finally got pregnant 5 years after and we have been living together for 4 yrs. its been 8 months since i had my #1 and had my period right after for the first 6 months and havent had the other 2. havent came out pregnant either so dont know if it will take  as long as the first again.dont plan on taking any meds right now see what happens, but good luck