Forum home Babies Baby

what to keep and put in a baby box

I was wondering what to keep for my babys keepsake box. does anyone have any ideas?
if anyone has done one before what to you put in your keepsake box
replies to me thank you x

Replies

• i have 1 for both mine, i kept name tags and cord clamps, and tape measure from hospital, kept all cards and banners 1st babygrow, socks and scratchmits, just anything that was 1st's kept some stupid things but they meant alot to me about baby.
  • i have different boxes of 1st's, the birth 1, 1st b/day, christening and 1st xmas. sad or what. :roll:
  • I did a box for my daughter it has cards from her birth the hosp bands the song that was number one at the time,first shoes, babygrow she came home from hospital in, her red book as she is now 10 and doesn't need it any more and as she has gotten older i put her first drawings and things from nursery and school, it is quite a big box as you can imagine and still has lots more room, i now have a little boy who is 3 1/2 months so i am currently gathering for his not found a suitable box yet. I think it is a great idea to do these things as they grow so quickly you forget how tiny they once were,and you can look through them together as they get older.:\)
  • Hi, iv'e put pictures of their scans which i have scanned in boots to proper photos (as the thermal images fade eventually) in the birth cards and little keepsakes like the silver coins they were given for luck, the card on his hospital cot, id bracelets, first curl etc boxes, first vest, sleepsuit and outfit, paper from day they were born and birth announcement. first birthday and xmas cards even a nappy(un-used of course). framed tile with footprints on it, and just other firsts as they get older i'll put in red books and the firsts from school. me and my oldest went through his box alot when i was pregnant and he loves looking through it as it helps him feel special. It's really lovely going through it with him, it is amazing how quickly they grow. put in whatever means something to you and has a memory you treasure, hope this helps x Trouble is i'm not sure i'll beable to hand it over eventually!