Forum home Babies Baby

CONFIRMATION OF AREA - BIG MEET **UPDATE**

Replies

• I've not replied to this before but Birmingham may be ok for me. Can I be put down as a maybe...?
    Thanks
  • Linzi I keep forgetting to post on this thread!!! Is it too late for me to join in???

xx
  • Just google-mapped Ipswich to Birmingham and it comes out at about 3hrs by car......not too terrible! I'd have to be a maybe at the mo, depending on when etc as we only have our Mondeo currently, which as you can imagine would make it a bit difficult getting 7 of us up there LOL
  • Good for us, bout 2 hrs drive away but all motorways and easy!!
  • Would love to come but don fancy sittin on d train 4 hrs with a 4mons old n a 2yr old by myself but if dere's any1 goin from london don mind havin company. So count me in!
  • Count me in think im only a couple of hours away on the train!!!!
    xxx
  • Brianna - We could be going now, we'd be going to London. Could meet up there?

xx
  • Birmingham would be brilliant for meimage
  • I've not replied on here yet, but would like to come but coming up from London/Surrey and wouldn't mind meeting up with anyone else coming from there
  • I vote London - I really don't mind traveling but briminiham will be a 4 hour journey either way with a 7 month old and me being quite pregnant at that stage! x

Just to add - what we did during a London meet - if it were to happen here perhaps we could have nominated 'local' members who can meet at certain meeting points for those traveling in so they wouldn't have to face traveling in london alone and unaided? x
  • I'd certainly meet people! x
  • yeah actually agree with itmustbelove london wil be perfect i gues
  • London would be better for me but could do Birmingham too.
  • Fraid we wouldn't be able to do birmingham (and london is definately out) unless it was the 2nd week in Oct.
    It's just too far - a bus journey and a three and half hour train journey with 3 changes, which I just cant contemplate doing at the moment with RD and Ollie as lively/active/fidgety as he is. (not allowed to lift so couldnt lift the buggy off and onto the bus and trains let alone carrying Ollie on and off, and struggle to walk/stand/sit for long periods of time)
    It's also a very high price for the train journey alone and with a new one on the way I don't think we could afford it, and OH says he wont drive that far for one day, and cant get time off for us to stay overnight (depending on what day it is..)

If manchester was being considered then that would be easier for us, but I understand that it probable isnt easier for others.
    so at this stage if Birmingham is the chosen place we'll have to bow out.
    :\(
    xx
  • London is way too far (and too close to the inlaws!), birmingham is a bit far really (yeah its about 3 hours I think but too far for cole in the car..he'd go mental) but as stephe said, manchester would be easy! image

Definately a good idea from it-must-be-love about londoners meeting people..I've had to navigate the tube system on my own and as a non-londoner its scary!!
  • i'm not bothered birmingham is 3hrs and london is 3.20 longest or 2.45 shortest on train so not much difference to me xxxx
  • i can come to birnigham!! cant wait!! my oh drives so he will be coming, hes looking foward to it has much as i am!!! xxxxxx
  • would have loved to come and meet you all but its a bit far as i dont drive :\(

xx
  • Birmingham would be fab for me too, its only 30 mins away. I dont know whether anyone else said (too lazy to read allposts) but Birmingham is pedestrianised (sp?) so not easy in car xx
  • London is a lot easier for me than birmingham but dont mind travelling as we have to work round everyone.

I would come up by train so would have to go to a london station to get to birmingham so we could do a mini meet up for for anyone needing to get a train from london to birmingham to go up together? xx