Forum home Family life & relationships Bereavement

How do I explain??

HI, I'm 18 years old and I have a 4 month old little girl. The thing is though I had a little boy, JJ, on 26th April 2011 and he had passed. I thought that was the end and it would never happen for me, but then I went to the doctors in November 2011 and found out I was pregnant. Me and my partner were over the moon thought nothing could ever make us more happy. We done the pregnancy test at the doctors office and it all came up positive. PERFECT! Then I went back in a few days later and had my blood work done.nI then sat and waited for the call to tell me everything was fine. The call came and the blood test had came back negative I had lost another baby then on new years eve I went to the doctors because I was incredibly unwell and they made me do another pregnancy test and yet again it came up positive! I was scared my whole pregnancy and I refused to admit it was true incase it happened again. Then they checked all my paperwork from the pregnancy before and found out the reason that I had had a miscarriage is because the baby I lost is my daughters twin, Angel. My daughter had been taking all the nutrients that Angel needed. And although I always wonder what it would of been like if I still had JJ and Angel, I also think that maybe it just wasn't right.

My question is though how do I explain to my little girl when she's old enough what happened to JJ and Angel??

Sorry its so long just really don't know what to do.

Replies

• It'll come down to your individual relationship at the time you feel she is ready.  Some people prefer to simply tell the truth about pregnancy and what can happen.

Another way is to go with faith/religion, explaining to her that sometimes the people of Heaven ask our friends/family to join them and our friends/family accept so that they can help guide us through life.

When the time comes you will know your daughter and how best to tell her.  Best wishes.