Forum home Family life & relationships Bereavement
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Worried people are going to die.

I'm 8 days post natal and today is the one year anniversary from when my gran had a stroke that she subsequently died from.

Today I can't stop crying and panicking that my mum is going to die. She's not unwell so apart from being 69 there is no reason to think there's anything wrong. 

She has been such a help to me trying to navigate my way through two horrible pregnancies and the age gap between my kids is 16 months. I don't know what I would do without her and want to spend all my time with her.

How long do I leave it before I talk to a doctor and not just blame the baby blues.

Replies

• Options

congratulations on your baby, though it sounds like you've got some anxiety/depression creeping in - is this a new feeling, possibly due to the anniversary of your grans death or something that's been hovering for a while?

a few years ago i was suffering with manic depression and all i could think about was people close to me dieing, and it doesn't matter how irrational you know the fear is, it's constantly chewing away in your brain.

I've also found it's better to deal with these things as soon as they start creeping up on you, so please go and see your GP - hopefully you have a nice understanding one who'll be able to help, maybe prescribe some meds to get ahead of the situation. 

I hope you get sorted out soon and enjoy your new baby x