Forum home Family life & relationships Bereavement

need to rant ( sorry)

I'll say sorry now for my rant but need to get it out . i took myself food shopping today ,i havent been much on my own as i dont like seeing to many people ,but i thought i'd be brave its been nearly 8 wks people will leave me alone.

All was going well untill i got to the counter a women in front of me said "im so glad my kids have grown up because shopping for a family is expensive " i just smiled at her then the DOZEY girl serveing blurted out " this lady has just had a baby !!!!" i then had to tell them both about charlie the women just shrugged and said "oh your get over it " and walked off . i wanted to hit her !!!!!

But the young girl behind then counter managed to annow me even more by saying maybe its a good job he died cos feeding a yong family is so expensive !!!!!!!!!!!! how i never draged her over the counter i dont know , how can people be this way so i'm home now feeling very mad with the world sorry again for ranting just needed to say it

Replies

• Oh awful for you hun.

I would have launched if I was you, gave her a peace of my mind.

I am not looking forward to venturing out on my own which is why I will prob shop online for the big grocery shop and get hubby to pop to local shop x
  • Thanks hun thats what i have been doing but everyone keeps telling me to get out a bit so i'm not sat at home alone all day , so i thought why not , how wrong was i !!!
    how you doing hun , xxx
  • Sorry to g/c just saw the post title,
    Oh my God thats terrible! How can people even think those things,
    I really am sorry for your loss hun, not everyone will be like this, sitting home alone must be awful but going out only to hear this must have knocked you sideways.
  • oh my goodness, please do not apologise, how alful, first of all well done for making the step to go out, how rude and inconsiderate of the shopping customer but especially of the cashier. i would make a complaint about her attitude. to make a comment like that is heartless and uncalled for. i hope this doesn't put you off venturing out again, i am so sorry about your loss, and hope the next outing you will come across some nice people, take care xx
  • omg hunni! how rude and must have been very upsetting for u....

we cant really do much about silly peoples comments, but it is maybe worth putting in a complaint about the till workers comments. she is definatley BANG out of order. the only ' please ground swollow me up now' moment i have had so far is... russel(my oh used to stop into greggs on his way to work everymorning and when i was off i would go with him, well about ten weeks after darcey was born i decided i was brave enough to go in alone. i fiqured everyone i was going to see would know by then. well i was wrong. the very woman that had seen and served us most days for the previous ten weeks (me with no bump and no baby said " well where is she then
  • Thanks guys i think i'm going to stay home today and hide lol , take care love vickix xx
  • Vicki, I'm sorry you had to deal with these stupid people! Every day you venture out it will get a little bit easier. Just remember every day you are stronger x
  • That is disgusting that people can say such things and most definitely people with no clue about anything! It upsets me so much that people assume mourning is only acceptable when it's for people who've been around for years! I want to shout at everyone of these ignorant people but it won't change a thing. You did really well to try and go out and please don't let this hold you back, I've gone out but only places I know wouldn't know anything so think you did brilliantly. Take care x