Forum home Family life & relationships Bereavement
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

PM results

Hi all

we have the results back now, little Ted died on Bronchial Pneumonia, we have to see the doctor to get more details but they think it came on quickly and because of his previous lung problems it overwhelmed him.

Im left with questions, should he have stayed in hospital longer and others but at least there is a reason, sadly SIDS still seems to have a certain stigma attached.

9 weeks today since he flew just feel i have a massive hole in me.

x

[Modified by: Team Blue aka doublebubble on 07 February 2010 14:32:33 ]

Replies

• Oh I am so sorry, I think in your position no answer could possibly give you comfort and to have a reason or no reason must be very hard. I'm glad you've finally heard from them though and hope that your questions are answered in a way that helps you.
    9weeks is still very early, the ache in your heart will never go, you will just find in time you are able to get up, think of ted and manage to control your tears. Take care of yourself x
  • Thanks w4b.

Just dont know where to begin feel so lost.

Im so sorry to hear your news, I know its nothing but want you to know you are in my thoughts

• Hi DB ((((((hugs)))))) my thoughts are with you all the time, 9 weeks is such a short time, just take each day as it comes xxxxxxxxx
  • Atleast you have some answers DB. My thoughts are with you and please don't blame yourself like you are. You and Ted's doctors are not psychic no one could have known he was gonna get sick when he left hospital. Your beautiful boy was just too good for this world. Hope you are doing well.
  • DB I think of you everytime I come on the site. Thank you so much for coming back and having the strength to update us. You are one amazing woman. It was not your fault hun. I hope you are ok hun and stay in touch, all my love Sarah x x x x x
  • just want to say i know how incredibly hard this all is.
    how strong u and all of us must be over here
    hope that u have a reason brings some sort of sense to it all.
    take care
    Lisaxx
  • just want to say i know how incredibly hard this all is.
    how strong u and all of us must be over here
    hope that u have a reason brings some sort of sense to it all.
    take care
    Lisaxx
  • Hi,
    I'm glad you got the results back so quickly, I can understand why you have so many questions. I know we're all in here because we've lost our babies, but I can't even begin to imagine how hard it was to lose your little boy after being allowed to take him home. You're in my thoughts and I hope your other boys are pampering you with cuddles, my son is the one thing that brings me comfort in everything that has gone on. Sending my love xx
  • Hi DB, I popped over here from toddler to see how you were getting on. I know we've not spoken much on here, but I think of you and little Teddy every time I log on.

I won't pretend to know how you're feeling after the PM results hun, I just hope that having a reason why helps a little. It's tragic that an illness like that can come on so suddenly and devastatingly. No-one could have known it would happen.

I just want to send you and your family loads and loads of hugs, and a kiss to your angel in the sky. Take care hun.

xxx