Forum home Family life & relationships Bereavement
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

consultant and peadiatrician appt!

hi ladies.
i had an appointment with my consultant and the peadiatrician who was on the neonatal ward with finlay. they went through everything that had happened, and then told me that when i fall pregnant again i should start taking junior aspirin straight away and ring the consultant direct to get started with my care plan, rather than waiting for the gp to contact them.
they also said i will be monitored more closely...obviously and then be given an extra scan at 23 weeks to check how everything is progressing!

Having this talk with them put me a bit more at ease as they said that they didnt find any real reason why i should have the same problems again, and so they where mainly monitoring me for reassurance purposes. .......i was so worried that they where going to say that it was very likely to happen again, so that was good to hear, even though i know i will still be petrified when the time comes that i am pregnant again!!

xxx

Replies

• That is excellent news! Just the extra care you will receive should make all the difference to you enjoying your next pregnancy. Good luck !
  • Hi , I am soo glad that your appointment went well. Hopefully your mind will be slightly at ease now. I know after my appointment with th consultant i felt better for it.

I actually have another pre pregnancy appointment with my consultant at the end of the month to go over things in more detail, as we are now ttc(this will be our third month) are you ttc just now?

Hope you and your family have been "OK" over the last wee while xxx
  • thanks everyone.
    im not trying to conceive yet as we are getting married next year, so got enough going on.
    i want to let my body get back to normal as much as possible too, as for the last 7 years unless ive been ttc ive been on the pill, so im having a break from that too. just want to give myself the best chance of everything running smoothly when the time does come.
    xxx