Forum home Family life & relationships Bereavement
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

consultant - can they investigate further?

Hiya Everyone,
Ive got consultant next week, so i hope they've got some answers. i was told that i can have a further investigation.. has anyone done this?

Because i think they could of done more - my baby was 4 weeks behind growth (which i think is lots!) but they did nothing! she checked the placenta flow and it would go up and down and then go flat for ages but in my notes she only selected the high bits.. does anyone know why it went flat?
When my sister was pregnant with my niece she was measuring too big and she was monitored everyday and the midwife turned to her and said u should worry if its measuring too small! Most people i know who's baby was measuring small by a couple of weeks they've all been induced! i was nearly 37 weeks when i had the growth scan so he had a good chance of surviving if he was delivered... i know none of this will bring him back but it eats me up that they do stuff like this.. And i dont think 3 scans in a 40 weeks is enough! Sorry to baffle on
Nikki xxx

Replies

• hi hun i have no advice where further investigations are concerned , my sister had a post mortom done on her daughter and they looked into her notes and the hospital admitted neglect but there is no reason why kiera died still so as far as all the waiting for answers goes it didnt get her anywhere i think caused lots more heart ache , i think ure right about the scans and they should have monitered u more closely i can only suggest u speak to them about this when u see them and ask why u were just left..........i keep saying this but i cant imagine how u must feel and i really hope u get some answers xxxxxxxx
  • hi honey!!

the doppler that measures the blood flow may peak and trough, but you would have to ask how they are actually measured - it may even be a sonographer that would have to explain that to you.

a growth scan is usually only accurate with a 2 week gap between - to make sure he had grown from one scan to the next- and if your scan previously was at 20 weeks, they wouldnt necessarily known if he was a small but healthy baby for his weeks, or a problem small baby (if that makes sense)

let us know how you get on with the consultant, honey!!

xxxxxxxxx
  • Hi honey!

just hoping today went "well" and that you are ok.

love nicki

xxxxx
  • Holding you in my thoughts Nikki, let us know how you are when you are able.xx
  • hiya girlies,
    Well it went ok - still no answers tho, nothing was wrong and they admitted they should of got him out there and then. But a big weight is off my shoulders aswell knowing i didnt do anything wrong and knowing it wasnt anything that would affect future pregnancies. thanks for all ur support girls xxxx
  • ahhh hon thats good news, sorry you didnt get any more answers but peace of mind is fab!! Thinking of you and admire how you cope xx