Forum home Family life & relationships Bereavement
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

my son my angel

hi, im new here, my 4th child was born sleeping on 3 of march 2010, i miss him so much every day it doesnt get any easier like ppl say, he grew his wings due to a problem with the placenta called velamentous insertion, where the cord isnt aattached to the placenta properly only to membranes on the outside of placenta.
I am now 8 weeks preg, and terrified of something going wrong, i have looked online for hours and hours to see if what happened with our angel increases our chance of it hapeneing again, but can find nothing helpful. can someone help us?
has anyone else gone threw loseing a baby or child?
much love to u all
xxx
Sleep tight baby bear Mummy loves u Kalsifa xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :cry:

Replies

• Hi, i'm so sorry to hear about your little baby. My baby boy Ryan was born sleeping on the 26th Sept of last year when I was 37wks pregnant. It was also a placenta problem, it had just started to pack in gradually and it had lots of dead bits and was very small. My baby had been growing fine until 31-32wks, so it must have started to go wrong around this time. Unfortunately, it wasn't until I was 36wks pregnant and still measuring 31-32wks, that the midwife decided to refer me. My app was a week later and during that week my little baby passed away. I was devastated but we decided we would still try again and it happened very quickly for us, only 5wks after delivering Ryan, I was pregnant.
    My son Brandon was born on the 15th July. It was the most stressful pregnancy ever and up until I held him in my arms, I never believed I would actually have him here with me. Every day of my pregnancy I thought he was going to die. It was really traumatic. But after what had happened this was only natural.
    I was told, different pregnancy, so different placenta, but it doesn't stop you worrying. I wouldn't look on-line if you can help it as all the information always seems to contradict itself and confuse you even more (just my experience).
    Congratulations and good luck with your pregnancy. You should be well looked after by your midwife/hospital.
    Myself and other girls who have lost babies and have gone on to have another, or are pregnant after their loss, post in ttc/pregnancy after bereavement, so try and pop in there.
    Take care, lots of love, Kathryn xxx
  • Hi there,
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand how you feel as I lost my quads just over 1 year ago. It will get easier but the pain never goes away. I found SANDS very helpful. They often have next pregnancy meetings where you can talk about your concerns with other angel mummies who are pregnant again. Congratulations on your pregnancy...its amazing news, but very worrying too. We are all here for you if you need us xxxx