Forum home Family life & relationships Bereavement
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Introducing myself again....

Hi all i gave birth to my daughter connie on 23rd jan 2009 less than a month ago she got her angel wings on sunday 15th february just gone im heartbroken and dont know what to do with myself i had a normal pregnancy until 7th jan when we found out my beautiful little angel had a congenital diaphragmatic hernia 2 weeks later we were induced and connie was born after a very long labour and induction weighing a healthy 7lb 13ozs,the consultants and doctors from the nicu were in theatre as connie was literally whipped away from me to be intubated by ventilator and taken to the nicu she lived for 23days and never took a breath for herself she went through a lot in her very short life and has touched a lot of people in a lot of different ways.
My husband and i tried for 10years to get pregnant and adopted 2 children who are 10 and 4 years old so we had a double blow when we found out about connies condition we had no time to prepare and i dont think my body had time to even know id given birth,i am feeling so numb and dont know how im supposed toi behave or act if you like?Ive cried a lot but it doesnt seem to be enough?????
It would be very nice if any of you could give me some advice as we are in shock i think? we brought connie home last night and the funeral directors took her this morning,her funeral will be beginning of next week and i dont know if i can cope with it i think that is when im going to cave in and im scared.

Replies

• Options
    aww claire hunny ...i feel so sad ..i have no advice ,dont know what to say :cry: ...connie is now an angel and u and ure family forever have her to watch over u .....life can be so cruel .... i do hope someone has some advice for u ....i cant begin to imagine what u are going through but u are obviously a very very strong person and a special person (just from talking to u over the last 6 months i feel i know this ) and u will get through this with ure angel beside u

lots of love and hugs

lisa xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Oh Claire what you are going through is just terrible I really feel for you, I hope you and your family get through this and come out the other side 10 times stronger. Try not to shut your loved ones out from how you feel which is so easily done in your time of need, take care and look after yourself I will be thinking of you for many weeks to come. xx
  • Options
    Hi claire,
    first i just want to say how sorry i am for your loss.....you must remember that your beautiful baby connie is in a happy place now with all the other baby angels.....she will be watching over you now and taking good care of you and watching every step you take,she will be with you forever...i have had to tell myself these things as i lost my baby daughter Daisy on christmas day 2008 she was born sleeping so its not quite the same as your loss but it was still a very hard time and still is hard i have my good days and my bad days....i just remember her in my own little ways i think of her everyday and i do alot of thinking and i always think what if and why...it does get easier to deal with, the pain is still there but you just learn to live with it. my thoughts are you all!!!!
    when you hear storys like this it is just heart braking it just shows how special our babys really are...you never think in a million years that anything like this will ever happen to you and when it does it all just feels like a really bad dream!!!
    I wish you all the best for the funeral....you will find it hard i wont lie, it was one of the worst days in my life i can tell you. we got our little girl cremated and we have brought her ashes home for a little while so she is safe and sound with us. again claire i am so sorry for your loss and i will be thinking of you all.
    just try to stay strong kat xxx
  • Options
    oh no claire, your post made me cry too. Im so sorry, no words cannot be expressed to make you feel any better. I cant believe this has happened, life is so unfair. my thoughts are with you and your family.

take care of yourself

love
    susan

xxx
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss. Life is so cruel sometimes, deal with it in your own way and dont worry about what your are supposed to be doing or not doing. sending you hugs xxxx
  • Options
    Hi Claire
    not sure if you still come onto baby expert anymore, but thought I'd post on the off chance to see how you are coping and how the funeral went.

thinking of you

Susan
  • Options
    I dont really come on here very much infact today is the first time ive been on since my last post.
    The funeral was awful but lovely if you know what i mean ?it caved mark and i in but it was nice to know our family and friends were there for us,as are all my friends from another website i frequent quite a bit,its nothing to do with babies though and they are all such nice people.
    Hope you and skye are doing well,not too many sleepless nights i hope! Probably wont be coming on here anymore after today actually so it was very nice to have made your aquaintance and thank you for your concern im glad all went well for you in the end susan ,you look after your little girl and be sure to give her a brother or sister one day,love to you and hugs to skye.xx.
  • Options
    I understand how you feel about not wanting to come on here again. Im so glad to have known you and really wish things had turmed out different for you.

If you ever want to contact me, my email is susanevans_2006@yahoo.co.uk.

hope our paths cross again.

take good care of yourself, and thank you for your friendship.

susan