Forum home Family life & relationships Bereavement
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

My hell continues

Sorry if i upset anyone but just wanted you to know that i will be signing off for a while as my husband passed away yesterday. We finally got the results of Thomas' PM which stated he died of a very sudden onset of pneumonia where nothing could be done. I received a copy of the PM today and everything apart from the gunk in his lungs that caused him to die were normal. We do not know why he had this in his lungs but know that he swallowed fluid when he was born but he was absolutely fine after a couple of mins, so fine that he had 2 very successful breastfeeds and then slept all the way home which was about 8 hrs after he was born.

Although we were waiting for the results and knew it would be this week, my hubby just couldn't bear to hear this news, i think it probably just made it feel so raw again that caused him to have an accident on his motorbike.....i can't believe i am typing this....i can't believe my soulmate, my love, my entire world has gone...everything that i always wanted and was lucky enough to have has been taken from me....

So sorry if this causes upset but needed you to know. Thanks to everyone who has supported me and take care xxx

Replies

• Hi there. Sorry to gc from another forum but I have followed your previous thread. I am so so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. My thoughts are with you and your family. Lots of love and hugs v x x
  • Also gatecrashing as have followed your story and am so saddened by your devastating loss. You are in my prayers x
  • oh my god! i'm so sorry sorry for g/c, but i couldn't read and run! my heart is breaking for u! i really do'nt knwo what to say, but my thoughts are with u. i can't imagine how devastated u must be! it truely is awful. please take care xxxxx
  • Oh my God, I am so so sorry. I am lost for words. My heart aches for you. I can't even imagine how you must be right now. Its devastating.
    I pray for you. May your baby son and your darling husband be at peace together.
    You're in my thoughts and prayers, Luv kathryn xxx

• Oh no. I'm totally lost for words. I can not begin to imagine what you are going through, this just is not fair, your such an amazing person and I'm so sorry and angry at what this new twist of fate has thrown your way. I really wish I could do something to help you, Im so sorry. Take care of yourself as much as you can. I hope you have a strong supportive family around you. I hope you find the strength you need to get through this.

You are in my thoughts, I hope your husband rests in peace xx
  • I'm g/c from toddler but I too have followed your story and couldn't read and run. I am so very, very sorry to read of both your losses and can't even begin to imagine how you are feeling. Life is too cruel sometimes. May your husband and son rest in peace together and watch over you.
    Thinking of you.
    Xx
  • Oh sh! I am so incredibly sorry!!!!!!! My heart sank when I read this and even thought it may have been a typo! I'm in tears for your pain. I know there is nothing I could possibly say to make this any easier for you and I am just so devestated for your double loss. I also really hope you have family close by who can help support you in such a horrendous time. If you do ever want to chat my email tab is enabled and also I'm sure none of us would mind if you write on here at all!
    My thoughts and prayers are with you, please take care of yourself x
  • G/C but I've been following your story. I can't begin to say how sorry I am for you pet. My heart is breaking for you, I just want to give you a massive hug. I hope you have your friends and family around you to support you. You and your family are in my prayers, although I'm pretty angry at God that you have had to go through all of this. Take care pet. xx
  • I can't believe I am reading this, I am so so sorry for your loss, I don't have any words at all as i'm astounded. I hope you find some peace soon as you truly do not desereve everything you have gone through in recent months. My thoughts and prayers are with you xx
  • G/C but just wanted to tell you how truly sorry i am. Life is so cruel. You are in my thoughts x
  • OMG, I too am g/c. I am so sorry for your loss and I hope you have people close to you to support you at this difficult time.

My thoughts are with you
    xx
  • G/C but wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. I know that nothing I say can take your pain and hurt away but I really do wish I could just throw my arms around you and give you a tight squeeze.

I hope you have support around you at this very difficult time.

Lots and lots of love and hugs

xxx
  • another g/c

Just wanted to say my thoughts are with you i am so sorry for your loss.
    Sending you my love and hugs you way. xx
  • g/c I remember you from ttc and I just saw your story I am so so sorry, my thoughts are with you and all your family and extended family at this very sad time xxxx
  • I have just read your post and cannot believe it. I know that we are all thinking of you, and my thoughts and prayers are with you. If there is anything that any of us can do to help, please let us know

xxx
  • Another G/C

Im so so so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you xx
  • Just wanted to say that I'm so sorry to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers are with you. xx
  • G/c too as I have also been following your story.
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. As the others have said my email button is on if ever you need to talk.
    take care
    xx
  • I am so sorry to hear your tragic news, I am saddened beyond belief for you following your awful year so far. My thoughts and prayers are with you x x
  • I'm so sorry to read this- you're in our thoughts. I know it doesn't help at the minute but think of your husband and Thomas being together and watching over you. I hope you gain some strength from this and your family.
    Love Rosa x