Forum home Family life & relationships Bereavement
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How's everyone feeling about Mothers day??

Hi,

Just wondering how you are all feeling about Sunday?? I've not been too bad as I have Cole and he'll make the day special for me, I have a feeling i'm getting a Chocolate Orange as he's dropped a few hints!! But thats good enough for me.

Cole and I were talking about Ewan yesterday and he pointed out that I might be sad on Sunday, but it was ok as I still have him, Kevin and the Fluffs (his name for the babies and Kevin is the cat!). He does break my heart with the grown up comments he comes out with sometimes, makes me so proud to be his Mum!!

Anyway, hope you are all ok xx

Replies

• Hi hun i feel a bit sad about sunday , i have my boys and my oh who will make it lovely but charlie should be here too so it does make it sad for me , there taking me out for sunday lunch whisch will be nice and i'll go put some flowers with charlie , how are u doing in yourself somedays i feel like i made 20 steps back and then other days i feel ok , i worry alot about this new little bean and have terrible flash backs , of what happened and keep thinking it will happen again , i do hope yr ok take care and have the best mothers day u can xxx love victoria x
  • Hi hun i feel a bit sad about sunday , i have my boys and my oh who will make it lovely but charlie should be here too so it does make it sad for me , there taking me out for sunday lunch whisch will be nice and i'll go put some flowers with charlie , how are u doing in yourself somedays i feel like i made 20 steps back and then other days i feel ok , i worry alot about this new little bean and have terrible flash backs , of what happened and keep thinking it will happen again , i do hope yr ok take care and have the best mothers day u can xxx love victoria x
  • hiya
    this is my 2nd mothers day since we lost our daughter, and think that firsts are always worse ... or the thought of the day is?
    and like u i also have another child so its not going to be soo bad,but will be sad, although it is a day when u r reminded more that i am a mummy of 2 not 1. but i think of her constantly anyway.
    hope everyone is doing fine and bumps are too
    Lisa 31+1!!!!
    xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Hi Girls,
    Mixed feelings about Sunday. A bit shocked as my mum commented that she thought I would be sad & didn't expect to see me. Shock turnned back to frustration thou! My friend is in labour at 20 weeks & my mum said "oh well, but she already has a child doesn't she". Often think the only people who really understand this subject are the ones who have lived through it.
    What ever you all do on Sunday, have as good a day as you can xxxx
  • Hi Everyone. i've got mixed feelings about Sunday aswell. Mothers Day has always been about my Mum as when I was 16 my brother committed suicide, so my sister and I have always tried to make it special for her. Even when our children came along we still always focused on my Mum on Mothers Day, as she was missing one of her children.
    Well now thats me aswell! I know I am constantly going to be thinking that on Sunday. We are all going out for lunch which will be nice, but deep down i'd prefer not to go. I haven't got the most understanding of family and I just hope no-one comes out with the usual in-sensitive comments. I know when we are all sitting round the table i'll be wishing my little Ryan was with us too.
    I lost Ryan at the end of Sept last yr, so I dreaded his actual due date, my birthday in Dec, Christmas and now Mothers Day.
    I'll be glad when its over to be honest.
    Hope you are all well, take care, Luv Kathryn xxx
  • Im feeling ok about it to be honest. Well a bit sad, but just have to get on with things. I survived mothers day last year and im in a much ''better place'' this year, so i will be ok! I think maybe since i dont have any othr children yet, well apart from bump, there wont be a massive impact on my day. Similarly to Katy73, my sisters and i have always focused mothers day on my mum, she lost my brother when he was aged 19, they were very close, so she does gets very down. I guess the differance the last few years is that i can relate to her feelings and she also feels sad at the loss of her grandaughter, and seeing me lose my daughter. I imagine Russel will get me a card, ( he did last year and a little teddy) and i will go up to the cementry and put flowers down for Darcey.

While i am on the topic, i have just bought my mums card, i was in a rush so grabbed one from whsmiths, well i just about fainted when she said ??4.90 please! Bloomin heck! Its not even a remotely fancy card!! Never mind! lol

Hope we are all well xx
  • I didn't feel too sad in the run-up but Casey wouldn't have been due for another few weeks anyway so he wouldn't have been here even if we didn't lose him. However, hubby got me a card today from our dd as well as one from Casey and it started the waterworks so it must have been in the back of my mind. It was nice as he (hubby) never really mentions the baby and although I respect that we all grieve differently, it sometimes annoys me so was lovely to see him acknowledge the fact I'm a mum of 2, and say that 1 of my babies is keeping an eye on me from up above which makes me lucky in a way. If that makes sense?
    CeilidhA I know what you mean about price of cards- makes you wish you were able to get away with the home made ones you did as a kid eh? lol
  • Well, how did it go for everyone then?

It's such a mixed bag of emotions, I was fine in the run up to it, in fact I was out on Saturday for Cole's birthday treat, Alice in Wonderland with Cole and 4 of his friends, followed by all you can eat chinese, so I really didn't have time to think about it. Yesterday morning Cole came in crying because the cat had bitten him (some tormenting on Cole's part was involved!!) and then he went rushing to his bedroom to get my card and pressies, The card was blank on the front as his 3D flowers had fallen off in his school bag, but he'd written a beautiful poem inside about how he loves me being his Mum!! I also got that chocolate orange and a big box of maltesers from fluff 1 & fluff 2 (Rob's idea). Once Cole left me to get up and get dressed I had a little cry thinking about Ewan, I don't really cry in front of others as we don't talk about him very often, although i think about him all the time. I did get a big hug off my OH when he got in from work when i told him i'd had a cry. He's always there with a big shoulder for me!! Anyway, I ended up cooking dinner as my MIL came round for the day (she's lovely and we get on great) so my mothers day ended quite early in the day and I spent time with my lovely family. I hope you all had an easy day of it, I think we get forgotten about as our baby's aren't here with us, i'm just so grateful that i've got Cole or I would have been a mess! xx