Forum home Family life & relationships Bereavement
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sorry I've not been on - life a bit sucky atm

Sorry I've not been on I'm having a rough time ATM.
My gran has been on her deathbed and passed away today which I'm finding doubly hard as it's also coming up to Angel's anniversary so she died around now last year.(and had been due around my grabs bday so it's like they've been connected throughout)....
Also had a 28week scan as they're keeping tabs on me obviously and they said the amniotic fluid was lower than expected which can mean placenta problems so I'm freaking out a bit, especially as I'm still not happy with the amount of movement I'm getting. I'm going in for a rescan next week to recheck the fluid levels and ensure they don't continue to drop! I've also read through my notes and spotted group b strep was found last swab which noone told me about so am a little cross but I'd decided already I was going to demand testing come 36weeks jic, now I guess it would be done anyway! Grr!
So all in all a rough time ATM so apologies for not being on and missing lots of news ... Hope everyone else is well x

Replies

• hi hun sorry for g/c but i saw this on the front and i just wanted to say im so sorry for your very sad news. and i hope you can find the strength to get through this tough time and that your scan goes well next week, stay strong hun and stick with your instincts xxxx
  • Hi,
    I'm sorry to hear about your Gran, you really have had some sh!t thrown at you this last year!! You're doing so well getting to 28 weeks and it's good that they've found this now instead of not at all. Let us know how you get on with your scan next week. I'll be thinking of you xx
  • Hi W4B, so sorry to hear about your Gran. She and Angel will be together watching over you and your baby.
    Hope everything is okay with next scan. At least you are being well looked after and any problems will be picked up straight away. I found out by chance that i'd tested positive for group b strep after Ryan was born and was so upset that no-one had bothered to mention it. It just proved to me how crap my hospital was and that my midwife or my consultant obviously hadn't read my file. It was when i went to the hospital one night after having a panic that the midwife that saw to me happened to read my notes and therefore mentioned it. Its good you are going to be tested. I demanded to be tested and it was just as well as i did indeed have it. Where babies are concerned its best to be safe.
    I'll be thinking of you.
    Take care, all my love, Kathryn xxx
  • Thank you everyone, her funeral is next week and I'm dreading it.
    My scanwas fine and the fluid levels are up which is wonderful. They're also rescanning me in a fortnight to do more growth checks and re-check the fluid.
    I am relieved but I'm also fuming as I asked about what would happen regarding group b strep only to be told they would do nothing regardless of it being present or not because the risk is so small! WHAT! I don't care what the risk is, statistics are quite clearly not on my side- I'm going to fight it but so frustrated that I have to image
  • Hi,
    So glad you've had some good news today. I was thinking of you earlier as I had my own little trip to the hospital to be monitored, all is well though. I hope your Grans funeral goes as well as it can next week. And good news that you are getting more scans!!
    xx
  • Hi. So sorry to hear about your gran.
    Good that the latest scan is OK. Please, please insist that you are given IV antibiotics as soon as you are in labour. My beautiful Grace died due to Group B Strep after she was born at 24+1. Had I been given the antibiotics she might still be here. Take a look at the Group B Strep support site for more info - www.gbss.org.uk
    Love George, x
  • Thank you I'd remembered you'd said about group b strep actually and I am absolutely pushing for a retest or treatment right up until this baby is here.
    I even said to the consultant 'i'm not having another dead baby' to which she actually looked amused and basically suggested I was being neurotic given my history but no biggie!!! Aaaarrrgh- luckily I've still got about 10weeks to go so plenty of time to shout and scream but I do think it's ridiculous I should have to!
    How are you doing?