Forum home Family life & relationships Bereavement
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Emotional Wreck!!

Hi Ladies,

As the title says I am an emotional wreck at the moment with absolutely no reason to be apart from the pregnancy hormones. I spent Saturday with my sister who I haven't seen since October and she talked lots about Ewan and my current pregnancy, all lovely and positive and it seems to have started me off!! I got a text from a friend on the train travelling home and felt myself welling up, then I was talking to my bump on Saturday, just the usual "I really want to meet you 2 little ones and can't wait to be your Mummy" (like i'm sure everyone of us in this forum does) and then starting thinking I should be a Mummy to a little boy who would be 4 months old if he'd been born when he was due and that set me off again, I think i was blubbing for about an hour!! Then to top it off Chris Evans goes and plays my Mum and Dads song on the radio on my way to work this morning as his golden oldie (Don Williams "My best friend") and I started crying in the car!! I know i'm obviously hormonal at the moment with being pregnant but i really am not the sort of person who cries at anything!!

Bit of a non post really, but have any of you been like this?? Funnily enough theres a thread in pregnancy about the new John Lewis advert and everyone saying it makes them cry, I saw it last night and not even the slightest bit of a tear appeared, it just didn't have that affect on me!!

Hope everyone is ok and not being an emotional wreck like me xx

Replies

• Hi Jackie, I can totally understand where you're coming from as i'm the same. It has to be the pregnancy hormones!! One day I can be fine though, and then the next anything can set me off, and not just soppy things but daft things. Some days I just feel really weepy and I honestly don't know why, and I try to stop myself from crying but until I cry, I just don't feel any better!! My son has to be the best, everytime he sees me upset he always says, "Don't tell me, its just the hormones!", cheeky beggar!!
    I keep having awful nightmares at the moment and when I wake up i've got tears streaming down my face. To be honest i'm surprised there are any tears left as i've shed a lifes worth since Ryan died.
    I guess we all just need a good cry, we're only human, and hormonal, and sad, and terrified, hey the list goes on and on..... lol!!
    Take care, Luv kathryn xxx